Tribute to dead US airmen in Sheffield

bluethrunthru

For anybody who saw the original report on BBC Breakfast a few weeks ago of the old guy who tends a memorial to 10 dead US airmen who died in a crash in Sheffield this is a great follow up to that story. I think Tony Foulds' dedication has been recognised here and 10k people to watch the fly-by. Great story.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-47323045

For anybody who saw the original report on BBC Breakfast a few weeks ago of the old guy who tends a memorial to 10 dead US airmen who died in a crash in Sheffield this is a great follow up to that story. I think Tony Foulds' dedication has been recognised here and 10k people to watch the fly-by. Great story.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-47323045

I've been following this on BBC Breakfast since Dan Walker first spoke about it.

Brilliant and it brought a tear to my eye as I'm sure it did to Dan, such a pity he couldn't be there.

I've been following this on BBC Breakfast since Dan Walker first spoke about it.

Brilliant and it brought a tear to my eye as I'm sure it did to Dan, such a pity he couldn't be there.

I also saw it this morning and two big bluebottles hit me in the eyes as I watched it. Lovely old guy and a fantastic turnout. Total respect.

Great story, and what a tribute by everyone from those that just turned up in their thousands, to the USAF the RAF and the pilot and crews family. What a lovely guy. Nice to see a more positive news story make the headlines.

He's been very clear it's not about him, but the emotion on display is obviously genuine. He should be proud of himself, sometimes journalists do good things.

A much needed heart warming story in a mire of shite. Well done to all those involved.

Give the old fella a queens award. And a hug if you see him out and about.

GnSTuKj.jpg

ES3b2yO.jpg

• Pilot Lt John Kriegshauser, pilot from Missouri
  • 2nd Lt Lyle Curtis, co-pilot from Idaho
  • 2nd Lt John Humphrey, navigator from Illinois
  • Melchor Hernandez, bombardier from California
  • Harry Estabrooks, engineer and gunner from Kansas
  • Charles Tuttle, gunner from Kentucky
  • Robert Mayfield, radio operator from Illinois
  • Vito Ambrosio, gunner from New York
  • Malcolm Williams, gunner from Oklahoma
  • Maurice Robbins, gunner from Texas

Well done Tony and respect and gratitude to all the crew of Mi Amigo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.