White heterosexual male wins discrimination case.

I think there is a degree of discrimination in most choices we all make every day be it what sort of cereal to have at breakfast to what beer to drink down the pub. However to organise recruitment for something as important as the Police around ethnicity or sexual orientation targets is absurd as is shown here. In terms of the Police if they want a more diverse workforce then they need to work harder within communities to make the job appealing. If its a govt target or governed by available funds then they need to be made to make that clear in the recruitment process - ie a disclaimer on the job ad that says " due to quota's and financial restrictions we can only recruit 3 persons 2 of which will be from the BAME community". They can't because of the law and the shit storm it would cause.

This is some ruling

I'd like to read the full legal judgement as my company told the union they were targeting recruitment of more BAME/Female candidates for the driving grade.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.