League Cup Final Post - Match Thread

We won!
Chelsea came to defend and hit on the break later on.
We passed around too much for my liking, but we were always the better team. Could have scored on two or three occasions but for the life of me, I can't understand why Aguero's goal was ruled out for offside by VAR. A Chelsea player's foot was level with Aguero.
Still we won in the end, probably mainly due to Kepa refusing to be subbed after his 3rd bout of cramp. Willie would have done well in the shootout. Only Sane missed for us with a weak effort all the rest were pretty good though Aguero's was a tidge fortunate to roll over the line.
MOTM: Bernardo - A Duracell Bunny - Always on the go.

I said after the Schalke game that criticism would be out place.
Same applies to this game.
Great character shown by the boys when again every major decision went against us.
Haven't seen VAR again on the Aguero disallowed goal but it looked onside. Second there was a double foul by their full back ( following an advantage played) which only received one yellow card and the Jorginho blatant stop on Sterling when there is no doubt he ( Sterling) was the last man.
The incident involving a possible elbow was never replayed on Sky. Nor did they make any comment on the other decisions that went Chelsea's way. It was all about a good dogged performance by Chelsea who played well with no reference to the help they got from the Ref.
And so one more time.
Are we human?
OR ARE WE CITY!

I don’t get much chance to see games at the pub.

But I’ve been to the pub for all our finals since 2012... bar one...

I think I might have to never miss a cup final with City ever again!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.