Nicolás Otamendi - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as I saw Hazard breaking away I had only two thoughts, Ota is going to chop him down and give away a pen and get sent off or Hazard is going to leave him on his arse and slam it past Ederson. Was buzzing when he just took the ball clean him off.

Was shades of the clips that were in his highlight reel in his last year at Valencia.

The general stepped up yesterday.

Should we be thinking about moving on all the others who make silly errors that may cost against better sides or have you just got a beef with Ota?

I have no beef with him at all he has been a great player for us last season our best defender by a country mile. But I can see the cracks starting to appear and its a ruthless game and sometimes you have to make decisions that might not be popular with the fans but right for the club, just like we had to with Joe Hart.

The General certainly stepped up yesterday. He was nearly man of the match with Bernardo just pipping him. zinchenko was also very solid. Otamendi is City through and through and although not the most skilful of defenders his strength, jumping ability and his sheer tenacity makes him one hell of a defender. I’m glad he plays for City rather than one of the other top European teams.

The General certainly stepped up yesterday. He was nearly man of the match with Bernardo just pipping him. zinchenko was also very solid. Otamendi is City through and through and although not the most skilful of defenders his strength, jumping ability and his sheer tenacity makes him one hell of a defender. I’m glad he plays for City rather than one of the other top European teams.
This

I have no beef with him at all he has been a great player for us last season our best defender by a country mile. But I can see the cracks starting to appear and its a ruthless game and sometimes you have to make decisions that might not be popular with the fans but right for the club, just like we had to with Joe Hart.
Gen question, what cracks? he has hardly featured this season, so bemused how you come to see that

I was worried after his red card but Ota had a great game, shut down Hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.