Running thread

On 321.5 miles for 2019 so far. Really pushing for a PB in London this year. Should do it as long as a) I don't get injured and b) the race day conditions aren't horrendous (as they were last year!).

How's the training going for you lads in here who've got spring marathons looming?

Just completed the Lostock 6 road race. 48:30. Beat last year’s PB so very happy considering I’ve struggled with a knee injury for most of last year, that’s still not 100%.

On 321.5 miles for 2019 so far. Really pushing for a PB in London this year. Should do it as long as a) I don't get injured and b) the race day conditions aren't horrendous (as they were last year!).

How's the training going for you lads in here who've got spring marathons looming?

321 miles is an insane amount for this year , I’ve ran every day and I’m only on 194

However, I did do my longest today - 15 miles. Ran it well but I didn’t have much in the tank at all at mile 14.

So far so good but Marathon is looming.

Well done mate. I’m at 270 for the year so that’s amazing from yourself.

Training going well, did 20 miles on Saturday averaging just under 9 minute miles, hope to go round in 3:45 or as near to it so need 8:30 miles on the day. Got until early April but realised if we beat Swansea I may not get to the semi finals due to it being at race weekend. Hopefully we’ll be the Saturday game if we’re through.

not sure if this has been covered before but...

whenever I go running, within in the first 5 minutes the lower part of my back has a constant dull ache, Ive tried everything, different trainers, stretches, physio.. still nothing.. in my younger years I could road run for miles with no pain

whenever I go running, within in the first 5 minutes the lower part of my back has a constant dull ache, Ive tried everything, different trainers, stretches, physio.. still nothing.. in my younger years I could road run for miles with no pain

How old are you? May seem a daft question, but have you bought a new car recently? I struggled for ages with a persistent ankle tendinitis problem. After nearly 2 years of suffering and trying different things, I realised it was the position of my car seat when driving that was causing it. So despite the amount of rest I'd take from exercise, it'd fire up again if I did a robust workout or after a run.

Also hip flexor immobility is a massive issue for lower backs. Find some videos for psoas stretches. I had to have an operation on my iliopsoas as I had a nightmare tendinitis problem with mine from running. And my lower back took a large brunt of the pain too. Hope this helps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.