All this talk of a quadruple is nonsense

As soon as we're to of one of the remaining comps and can't win the quadruple the press will slaughter us. Be interesting to see if the class Fergie/Paisley etc as failures as well for not doing it. These managers arguably had less competition domestically and never won the domestic treble.

A 50% chance in the Champions League? 80% in the FA Cup? You are very confident particularly in the case of the Champions League. The bookies have us as favourites too but I would say that PSG should be favourites followed by Barcelona. Atletico are dark horses too - they host the final and are always very difficult to beat.
I'd go with the bookies on the FA Cup - 55%-60% chance. We're the best side left in it and the two biggest threats drew each other in the next round.
CL is far too early to call but we're probably at 10% in that.

Correct but I’m just using them as reference,it’s the media as well who drive it,you can bet if the scousers somehow ended up playing in the community shield they and media would hail it as a trophy if they won it,it’s a snobbery of sorts and suits a certain narrative which ever team wins it,fuck them it’s up to personal view over it,when we are contesting it it’s a trophy for me,( all be it on a smaller scale) any other teams I don’t give to fucks ...
Hopefully they will be in next seasons as league runner up :-)

I'd go with the bookies on the FA Cup - 55%-60% chance. We're the best side left in it and the two biggest threats drew each other in the next round.
CL is far too early to call but we're probably at 10% in that.

The only team I was bothered about in the CL was Juventus but they look like they will go out.

If we can get Roma or Spurs next then we could be just a few games away, it's not that far fetched and which team is better than us?

Obviously let's hope there are no funny games and we get the dippers again. We would of won it last year If we had beaten them.

The only team I was bothered about in the CL was Juventus but they look like they will go out.

If we can get Roma or Spurs next then we could be just a few games away, it's not that far fetched and which team is better than us?

Obviously let's hope there are no funny games and we get the dippers again. We would of won it last year If we had beaten them.
I'd worry about Atleti as much as Juve. CL is full of opponents that could easily knock us out.

2006/07- won the League Cup and FA Cup, stayed in the title race until the death, knocked out of the CL 1st May.

Cheers. Shows how it can all disappear in a couple of weeks, and how deep into the season it can also go.

Talk of Doubles, Trebles and Quads, just another freak benchmark from 'history' clubs and the media to tar our achievements as a club.

Funnily enough, the 100 point benchmark was quickly denounced as a barometer, when it came to the claim City's team are the greatest domestic champions.

Chelsea won a Champions League on a penalty shoot-out, having been dominated by Bayern.

United won two of their three Champions League trophies in a penalty shoot-out and two kicks of a football in injury-time against a team dominated by Bayern.

Liverpool won two of their five also via penalties.

Give me the Lucky bastard cup any day of the week.

Cheers. Shows how it can all disappear in a couple of weeks, and how deep into the season it can also go.

Talk of Doubles, Trebles and Quads, just another freak benchmark from 'history' clubs and the media to tar our achievements as a club.

Funnily enough, the 100 point benchmark was quickly denounced as a barometer, when it came to the claim City's team are the greatest domestic champions.

Chelsea won a Champions League on a penalty shoot-out, having been dominated by Bayern.

United won two of their three Champions League trophies in a penalty shoot-out and two kicks of a football in injury-time against a team dominated by Bayern.

Liverpool won two of their five also via penalties.

Give me the Lucky bastard cup any day of the week.
I'm not sure it disappeared in a couple of weeks, the rags had a good lead in the league from Christmas onward and wrapped it up with a couple of matches to spare.
It does illustrate that in the cups they're not won until the last kick of the last game though.

The best example imo is Bayern in the 2011/12 season, with 5 matches to go they had the league in their hands if they won against Dortmund and were in the final of the domestic cup and CL. They lost the league game and the cup final against Dortmund and threw away the CL against Chelsea with seconds left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.