Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really hoping that he would have a great game today as we need him to be firing in order to give Sane/Sterling a bit of a breather (the reason we bought him IMO).
Not sure when he'll get another chance as all the games are possible must wins.

Had he scored that early chance which he skied then his whole night could have been different.
After that he was hit and miss but you could see his confidence was shot.
His close control and touch is out of this world but his decision making and workrate are lacking. He can be infuriating and majestic in the same passage of play.
Don’t want to give up on him just yet but I’d imagine Pep is wanting so much more from him.

Needs time and a full pre season. Its hard when a player is out of rhythm. He looks like a one trick pony being left footed on the right he always wants to come in and lacks a bit of unpredictability in his play just now. I thought Bernardo was much the same last season. I am sure next season his form will pick up.

I feel if I say anything it would just be piling on.

Sounded like he was getting abuse from the stands?

Hopefully next season he will do much better.

What fuckin performances? Not seen yet! Over paid over hyped greedy not a team player. Get rid!

I think this season is a write off for him. Hopefully a reset and good preseason will have him in better form next season.

Not felt this downbeat towards a city player for a long long time, think I had more faith in Mangala coming good than I have in Mahrez. There's just no signs of him clicking or improving. We can point out stars like bernardo, Laporte and others taking time to adapt but they all showed glimpses of what was to come, Mahrez doesn't even show glimpses, his entire reportoire is do a step over, cut inside and either shoot or clip in one of those low dined crosses into the box to usually nobody. Doesn't fit our style, doesn't even offer the wildcard something different option. If we can find a taker we would be mad not to cash in on him and bring in somebody else.

He was shockingly bad. He’s clearly got elite technical ability but It’s got to the point now where I wonder does he have the intelligence needed to function properly in our team. He clearly doesn’t have the strength of personality needed to impose himself, looks like a little boy lost at times.

Oh give over. See how he is next season. This board is so reactionary, immediately jumping to the extreme.

When he signed this season all the predicted first 11s had he and sane as starters. The season began and he and sterling were starting regularly and he had a few decent performances. Now you've all written him off.

Peps been with us 3 years now and every player he's signed (bar nolito) has been a revelation their second season. He may not come good, but save the fucking hyperbole for the dippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.