West Ham (H) Post Match Thread

Sane poor today, Mahrez a proper shirt stealer. Game and team mood changed when Raz and Bernardo came on; Pep knew something was up as he rarely does an almost double sub so soon into the 2nd half. Nice to see Foden on for a few minutes.

Disappointed we needed to run the game down in the corners, but would rather have that than lose 2 points, which was always a threat from a lucky ball - cf Palace.

Thought West Ham were appalling. They gave us a lot of time on the ball and offered almost nothing up front. Couldn't really have asked for easier opponents. They then put Zabaleta on against Bernardo who murdered him. Bernardo was magical. As soon as he came on we had a cutting edge.

Only bad point was Mahrez. Timid just about sums it up.

ZInchenko excellent, likewise Aguero who linked the game very well, and KDB's best game I think since his injuries.

They were genuinely the worst team I’ve seen at the Etihad this season West Ham.

Actually I was at Rotherham but worst PL side.
I agree. I didn't think City were really on it tonight but they just stood of us. We were fortunate we were playing them tonight.

I almost always think City are going to win, but before this game I had a horrible feeling West Ham were going to get something from it.

I think it was the combination of all their players returning from injury, while we had several out, no Fernandinho, and had played extra time at Wembley while West Ham had an extra 2 days' rest. All seemed to be pointing toward "one of those nights".

So I am very relieved we found a way to win.

That said, if we'd taken just the easy chances, we'd have won 4-0.

Well said, my main concern going forward is how we replace ferna, we seem a bit lost without him but i have every faith in the club to find a long term solution. Hard fought win to keep the pressure on the scouse

How bad a footballer is Andy Carroll by the way. Really shocking.
He made a great strike on goal to be fair in just about their only attack? He had no service.

The player who really disappointed me was Felipe Anderson. Expected more from him

Great first 5 minutes. Ok next 85 with lots of good but some really poor moments. I thought Aguero showed some good movement dropping into space. Danilo was solid. Raz was Raz and Bilva is a really special player. MotM was Zinchenko again who had a couple of wayward moments with some cross field passes but hit more than he missed. Would like to have seen him use Sane more - he comes inside a lot but he did well. Mahrez and KDB spent most of the night making each other look bad and I felt sorry for Mahrez getting the blame for most of those moments. Kev looks like he's getting fitter but his brain is still a little behind and he's lost some of the decisiveness that makes him so spectacular.

I was surprised at how well West Ham defended their box with great shape and discipline but this was a potential 5-0 if we'd been more ruthless.

In summary zab is still the man

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.