Relatively Obscure People Who’ve Led Amazing Lives

gordondaviesmoustache

Just read about this guy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Kingston

Incredible. What an amazing life he led. Never heard of him before, and I’m a big fan of the Tudors, although not creepily so.

Got any personal examples?

From someone who was related, heard about a guy who was a barrister; went to WW1; came back and became a doctor - because what he bore witness to distressed him so much. The injuries and the death made him want to make the world a better place.

Incredible journey, but not one, I suspect, that’s widely known. Must have been an incredible experience. A doctor and a barrister in the same lifetime.

Must be loads of them out there...

I once met a guy who had fought with Che Guevera and knew both him and Fidel Castro personally. Worked with this guy's son and he would sometimes stop by and we chatted once.... Just an old Cuban guy who had a lot of fire in him. Found out he had also been in the Bay of Pigs, I was like "why did you fight to depose Batista and then turn around and cooperate with the CIA?" He started cursing using every Spanish expletive possible in reference to both Castro and Guevera. I guess he wasn't fighting to make the island a communist one. So I let it drop. He said Guevera could he amiable guy "as long as you agreed with him." Wish I could have asked him more but I hated the job and asked for a transfer.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.