Kyle Walker : 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a solid game today until he lost his head a bit towards the end. Still think Danilo's been the better of the two since Christmas and deserves a run as first choice, but that was a complete shut-out away from home today and Walker was a big part of it.

Don’t think he has been too bad in recent games including today. I much prefer Danilo to play instead of Kyle, particularly after his great performance in midweek. Will be interesting to see if Pep does anything re selection of Kyle after that little confrontation with the Bournemouth player directly in front of him. Pep didn’t seem pleased

Er no ! Bournemouth just didn't attack !
They couldn't even break out of their own half after they went behind. We've faced parked buses many times this decade but I don't think we've ever gotten through an entire game without the opposition registering a single attempt at goal. Throw in the fact that we were away from home and had to make a change at CB and it starts to look like an incredibly assured defensive performance. Walker isn't perfect but he was one of five or six defensive players today whose job was to keep Bournemouth out and he did just that.

he had seen to much of the ball for my liking today. At times was organizing our attacks and that's not good sight.

I don’t know if Opta keep stats for how many times a full back plays the ball straight back to a centre half, but if they do I have a feeling Walker absolutely smashed that record today.

How can I put this without being too harsh? He is absolute dog shit. He couldn’t be any more negative if he tried. Pep was getting increasingly pissed off with him in the 2nd half, with his constant 3 yard passes back to Kompany. Danilo must be watching and wondering what the frig he has to do, to get a sustained run in the side.

Harsh, but I do know where you’re coming from. Over the past few months, I’ve become tired from his lack of attacking ability. Danilo is twice the footballer Walker is. Against a park bus like that today, Danilo should have played as he’s at least a threat when going forward. I’m aware that Pep probably doesn’t mind he’s not effective going forward, as he does cover quite a bit at the back. I do think we’d be a far better team with a more all rounded right back.

Anyone else get that, oh, this really isn’t such a good idea feeling, when he decides to line up one of those long cross-field passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.