Ben Chilwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was more impressed with Tielmans. I know he was a big prospect once and hasn't lived up to promise since moving to Monaco but he has been good for Leicester the last two games I've watched him (against Watford and Brighton). He looked good on the ball and his passing range was really good, I thought.

What's our current quota of home grown players? I presume we are at our limit so it's a case if one in one out for both foreign and domestic players.
This. City have 4 HG players out of 4 (Walker, Delph, Stones, Raz). Chilwell would be straight Delph replacement.
We can't directly replace Delph with a foreign player.

Last edited:
we have a spare squad place for a foreign player, currently taken by Sandler in the CL squad... that's presumably for the DM.

if we sold Delph and brought in a new left back, they would presumably have to be home grown...

I don't understand this unless Pep is determined to have fullbacks who are big.

Other than being a bigish unit, I don't understand what he does, that anyone else can't do.
I can think of a lot of things he can't do that lots of other left backs can do if that helps?
Use their right foot would be the first, vital if you want your full back to chip in in midfield in a possession game.
Staying in position to defend against counters would be another.
Make a decent overlapping or underlapping run is another.
Lastly, playing an accurate pass on the ground that goes further than 5 yards.

I can think of a lot of things he can't do that lots of other left backs can do if that helps?
Use their right foot would be the first, vital if you want your full back to chip in in midfield in a possession game.
Staying in position to defend against counters would be another.
Make a decent overlapping or underlapping run is another.
Lastly, playing an accurate pass on the ground that goes further than 5 yards.

He just looks like John Stones playing fullback to me.

Other than size, Angelino is a miles better footballer, as is Zinchenko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.