Running thread

Anyone had the runners knee syndrome (common after constant increases in mileage).? Pain is ok whilst running but I feel a slight twinge when going upstairs or any inclines afterwards. Knee clicks when doing lunges as well. I know I should rest it but need to keep putting the miles in

Anyone had the runners knee syndrome (common after constant increases in mileage).? Pain is ok whilst running but I feel a slight twinge when going upstairs or any inclines afterwards. Knee clicks when doing lunges as well. I know I should rest it but need to keep putting the miles in
No but the common advice given us to not up your milage by more than 10% per week

Could potentially be down at Heaton Parkrun in April, will give you a message beforehand if I am!

Just completed my 50th parkrun on Saturday :-)

Ok mate, as long as it's not April 6th as i'm doing the marathon next day, could miss a trip to Wembley, hope (if we beat Swansea) it's the Saturday game as i'll drive down for it.

Do they send to you ? Or do you have to pay ?

I’m on my 25th

I've just done my 25th.

You just have to pay postage, I’m nearly at my 150 so have got my 50 and 100 t-shirts in the bank already.

Edit....and I’m quite aware there is no t-shirt now until I get to 250.

Girl i know who occasionally runs with us has just completed her 250th.....

Are you sure that's runners knee? Typically runners knee (illiotibial band syndrome, ITBS) is felt as a pain a little bit above and and on the outside of the knee. I've had it myself. The pain will usually be felt after running for some minutes, and then increase unless you stop. It is most often caused by weak hips or some other irregularity that causes the illiotibial band on the outside of your thigh rub against some other parts and start an inflammation. For me a week completely off running with hip strengthening excercises and then very gradual increase of mileage helped.
https://strengthrunning.com/2011/02/the-itb-rehab-routine-video-demonstration/

Already getting jealous hearing of other people's runs. Pulled my calf on Friday after telling myself to take a day off. I'm stupid and now it kills and no idea how long it's going to take to heal.

Already getting jealous hearing of other people's runs. Pulled my calf on Friday after telling myself to take a day off. I'm stupid and now it kills and no idea how long it's going to take to heal.
six months to fully recover or if you rush you keep doing a kompany it goes.it goes . It goes again and remember he has the best medical care in world.

Sorry.it happened to me and really took a year to recovery . Mentally again is even longer getting confident you can push it and it won't go is quite another barrier....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.