Your most enjoyable Man City Season?

2012 had it all. But it was only enjoyable when the final whistle had blown in the final game.

Last season was amazing, to truly dominate the way we did.

This season has the potential to be the best. Another league and cup double and still fighting in the FA Cup and CL.

Either the 10/11 season or the 11/12 season. Not exactly for the football, which was mostly brilliant throughout, but for how my life was at the time. I was still living in my home town, I was in college with a great group of friends, I had no worries or responsibilities, and I could basically build my weekends entirely around football. When it really mattered who United and City fans were at college, when it really mattered who'd won the big game that weekend, when bragging rights were a big deal. The 17/18 season was the most relaxed I've ever been during a City season but my personal life really took a hammering with various health problems and a sudden deluge of personal responsibilities, so I felt like I couldn't quite enjoy it as much. It's Mancini's men for me.

Outside the obvious title winning seasons, I'd go with Keegan's first. Some brilliant football and memorable FA Cup games. 02/03 will always be memorable to me as well as it was the first season I made it over for a few matches and the last at Maine Road.

It's fairly obvious the last few years have been one success after another, with titles and cups galore for us fans. If you were to say a season with City that you enjoyed watching the most then what would it be? The obvious ones would be 2011-12 with Ageuros 93/20 goal or last season when we broke all records going.

For me though, as a fan of City in my early 30s I grew up witnessing our downward spiral to the old Division 2.

Strangely enough, I always look back on the season with Kevin Keegan in 2001-2002 when we smashed in 108 goals and had some little wizards. With the likes of Ali Bernarbia, Eyal Berkovic and Christian Negouai in our ranks then the football was breathtaking.

Christian Negouai was not a little wizzard.

It was a good season though as in a way the relegation season of 00/01 was a pretty desperate affair. After bouncing back we were given a sharp dose of reality - relegated by 8 points so not even a close finish. We had to bounce back again but also we needed to ready and able to stay up. King Kev and Ali Bernabia were that difference and when we got back up we went on to finish 9th.

My first one 79/80 can't remember much about it now but it was the first time i had discovered the mighty blues and the social side of football,had some of the best times of my life trailing about after the blues

For results it has to be 2011/12 that will never be beaten but last season was just as great but in a diifferent way

Nothing compares to the aguero moment as a single moment but last season saw the greatest league side we, and this country has ever seen. We had the title sewn up by december so there was no nervousness, we could simply go to games and marvel at the phenomenal attacking display game after game. Add to that one of the most convincing cup final wins we've been involved in, and with how early we won it we also basically had two title celebrations and two pitch invasions and then to top it all off we had a mini aguero moment at Southampton where the crowd went mental. Never forget the stadium announcer telling us the players won't be coming back out yet all the fans were adamant we wasn't going anywhere until they did which forced them to cut their own survival celebration short and allow the players back out to celebrate the 100 points. The pinnacle of seasons that could only be topped if we were to do the impossible and win everything. Hands down last season.

I have to go for the 1967-68 season with the League Championship winning side.

Same for me...

Driving all around the country for away games with mates onboard my Austin A30 (with an A35 engine fitted), scarves out of the windows... top stuff.

The Newcastle away triumph, with all its ups and downs, and returning as champions, wonderful stuff.

Just wish I could remember more of the finer details!

JJ

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.