Champions League Games 5/6 March

Would everyone and anyone claiming them winning is in any way good, please fuck off and stop trying to polish a turd. We all wanted them out, they've had a fucking great and very much unexpected (and unwanted) win. So stop with the faux-delight. It's a disastrous result. In every fucking way.
Can’t agree with that. Just sounds like you hate the rags more than you love City. We have a better chance of winning this competition now than we did this morning. So it’s absolutely a good result.

Penalty. Arms out. Otamendi had a shot fired at him and tried to pull his arm in, Kimpembe jumped up and blocked it with his arms up.

I hate the rags but it's a penalty and Kimpembe knew it.

When you jump, your arms move. Nobody anywhere plays football and jumps with their arms by their side. He wasn't even looking at the ball and the ball was struck at about 70mph. You might as well just twat the ball at people's arms if we're gonna ignore that the rules say that handball must be deliberate.

And probably Juve our next week

I am not too worried about Juve, honestly. Not Barca or Bayern either.
I am more worried about Liverpool as City struggle playing against aggressive and high pressing teams. Liverpool does it better than anyone in the world. If Liverpool get knocked out by Bayern, we got a serious chance. The rest of the team, we could probably contain.

Lineker says “why not have it where if it hits your hand in the box it’s an automatic penalty” every time there’s a contentious handball. He fails to see the stupidity of it every single time. The game would descend into a contest where the team who successfully twats the ball at the most arms from point blank range wins. It would be an entirely new sport. And a really shit one.
Most of them struggle to hit a target nearly 18sq metres so hitting someone’s hand wouldn’t really happen often...

I hate them more than anything but I will take utd in the next round all day than PSG with Mbappe, Cavani and Neymar.
With Real Madrid already out , Juve on her way out as well, we can face Ajax, Porto/Rome, Utd, Tottenham in the next round and we are absolute favorites

After yesterday's results and today's, not sure I'd count Juve out yet. Nor would I count us favourites til we dispense of Schalke.

Anyway. Penalty or not, PSG haven’t progressed much in my view.
The fact that they play in a weak league shows whenever they they have to actually defend or come up against adversity.
They’re flakey and collectively weak mentally.

In the first leg they were the better team by far. Tonight I think United were lucky. As for who City would rather play out of the two, in a knockout cup competition anything can happen, if our two games last season against United were in the CL, we would have gone out on away goals. Luck plays a big part in football, I don't think PSG were particularly bad, until the penalty they were quite comfortable and United were struggling to create a clear chance. It's amazing they got through really.

So two "penalty" reviews. Penalty awarded against us and penalty awarded to the rags. I suspect we'll see these scenarios played out again and again in coming seasons with the same outcomes.

And still there will be those claiming it's not bent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.