League or Champions League?

Which would you rather win?

• Total voters
For me it was always the league but I might change my mind if we get close. So far we've never really been close so it has not been a realistic proposition. This season, there's only Barcelona who are better than City.

League. Would love to win the Champions League this year though, before we get banned. Win it once then either sack it off, or turn up and devalue it by playing a youth team, or scoring a million own goals and losing every group game.

Nothing UEFA could do, as long as we are finishing easily in the top 3 every season, we'd still qualify for the Champions League.
If we are in the Champions League next season, which I seriously doubt, the motivation will be doubled.

For me it was always the league but I might change my mind if we get close. So far we've never really been close so it has not been a realistic proposition. This season, there's only Barcelona who are better than City.

I disagree that we haven't been close - you can't really describe it as close unless you get done by a ref in the final or something. Perhaps it's not the right word to describe it. But we haven't been far off in recent years. I think us winning the Champions League has definitely been a realistic proposition.

When Real Madrid knocked us out in the semi's we were probably naïve compared to them? But we were literally one goal away from a very winnable final against Athletico. Last year, we got done by the referees against Liverpool, but had we won that, we would have progressed against Roma and anything can happen in a final.

Our major downfall recently has either been poor officiating (which should stop with VAR?) and coming up against more savvy teams. I wouldn't say Barca are better than us, they are just more streetwise and know how to win these games. IMO I think that's what won Real Madrid the previous 3. They probably aren't the best team since the UCL reformed, but they've done what no-one else could and won it 3x on the trot. It's all down to them seeing games out, frustrating opposition, taking their chances when they're on top etc.

Can you imagine the crap that would be created if Liverpool were to win the Premier League.
The Premier League is paramount to us this season. If we were to win the Champs league as well then that would be brilliant but we have to stop Liverpool winning the prem.

If that was so, he could've invested in a club already in the CL or challenging the CL spots.
No, SM wanted to create something. Any billionaire can acquire an existing giant if they're patient. He'd been told that we were a sleeping giant with massive potential. Perfect for him. Perfect for the club. Perfect for us as fans.

I want the remaining 3 trophies just to see the gigantic meltdown it would cause in the press and media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.