Used family car advice needed - £10k budget

Can't go wrong with a VAG (VW Audi Group) car in my opinion.
Out of the 4 (Audi, VW, Skoda & Seat) the Skoda range used to be the cheapest, not so any more.
I have a Skoda Octavia Estate and its a great Family car. The Seat Range are now the most reasonably priced.
If I swapped the Skoda now I'd probably be looking at a Seat Leon.
Hope this helps.

If a car is just a car then for me Ford Focus Titanium fits most needs, about 8K for 3y old.
Does what it says on the tin so to speak, plenty of bits n bob's and services range from £125-£175 with Ford with free breakdown cover thrown in.
I imagine if you need more boot space then estate model
Bought 2 three years ago and only expense has been the service and one brake light bulb.

Passat estate.had one since 2014.spec is really good.1.9 TDI exec.leather seats air con sat nav decent stereo and above all smooth drive and bags of room

I've just bought a latest generation 12 month old VW Polo for my daughter within your budget. 1 litre petrol.

Cracking little car. I have driven it more than my own since I picked it up ! Rated safest in class which is why we looked at it in the first place.

Can't go wrong with a VAG (VW Audi Group) car in my opinion.
Out of the 4 (Audi, VW, Skoda & Seat) the Skoda range used to be the cheapest, not so any more.
I have a Skoda Octavia Estate and its a great Family car. The Seat Range are now the most reasonably priced.
If I swapped the Skoda now I'd probably be looking at a Seat Leon.
Hope this helps.
Just got a VW touareg.
11k .
Low milage 3litre v6.
Brilliant car most comfortable car I've ever been in.
Yes it will be expensive for tires etc.
But who gives a fuck.
You cant take it with you

I was reading reviews yesterday about SEATs. They seem to be on a roll, Leon, Arona, Ateca all getting good reviews. Are they reliable?

Mines never skipped a beat mate, nice inside and good for the little one. I'm after the Cupra next, can't wait!

I guess with you not driving for 7 years the cost of insurance will be a major concern, it is worth getting some quotes before you make the final decision on what car you would like.

I was chatting to my mate who is a mechanic a few months ago about cars and he mentioned that VW's build quality is very good. He also said they are not too reliable for whatever reason, said they had a few niggly faults. He also mentioned about Kia's build quality and warranty and told me Toyota's are very good and most Japanese cars are very reliable nowadays.
Yes VW well built but low in reliability these days.
Toyota are the No 1 reliability, Kia are top 3 here in Oz with Hyundai 2nd
Toyota dont give 7 year warranty though and their servicing is dearer, Kia servicing capped for 7 years so you know what you will pay, also 7 years free roadside assist.

Just out of left field, has anyone had the new (built in China) MG ZS ? giving 7 year warranty here in Oz and look great for the low price.

I guess with you not driving for 7 years the cost of insurance will be a major concern, it is worth getting some quotes before you make the final decision on what car you would like.
Yeah it’s true, I now have zero no claims bonus. One of the first cars I looked at was a Dacia Duster as even brand new and with decent trim it’s only £12k-13k and that’s brand new never mind used! Insurance worked out at £500 to pay it off in one go. Not cheap, yet probably less than I was expecting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.