Schalke Post Match Thread

Not much more to add to the thread that hasn't already been written but fuck me that was some performance from City. Did Schalke touch the ball in 2nd half? Even after we scored we seemed to have the ball back straight from ko.

Draw - Not bothered though with FFP and the english press I would prefer not to have an english team because the bias will be in our faces and FFP will be in our news again.

Fingers crossed Liverpool will be out tonight, but a utd derby home and away would at least give the lads a reprise from travelling and perhaps make the schedule a tad easier.

& it would give the fans a better chance to see a derby match too.

Not to mention being an easier quarter.... I know there's no easy matches at this stage, but perhaps easier to play a side we know... Unless Ole fields his under 21's again :)

... Such a shame Gundogan can really only shine these days when he has the freedom of the middle. Absolutely masterful at times.

That's a good point.
But I wouldn't call it shame, it's the concept of creativity. Evolving creativity needs some space and freedom.

Ilkay is a shy and polite character, different to KDB e.g. who is driven by burning ambition.
When Ilkay feels he is responsible for creativity he will take action and try.

We know Pep generally is leading his team into the final third with strict patterns,
but then players are free to take their own creative decisions.

I see a similar situation with Mahrez,
who has great skills but til now wasn't able to find the "freedom" within our game to fully deliver his best.

Fingers crossed Liverpool will be out tonight...

Having said that, drawing Liverpool & knocking them out would be more magical than beating utd at this point in the season :)

But ah man, was it 6 min of extra time when we beat them at home last...? Imagine that 6 minutes lasting 3 hours! Omg.

Whoever we draw.... Bring it on :)

Awesome performance, Sterling was massive, so was Gundo and nice to see Phil getting nearly half an hour.

there was a section of the match in the 2nd half where we were absolutely unplayable, the ball was fizzing about ,the movement, the pressing, ive got a feeling the old zip is coming back and some, get some of the players back , fuck the internationals off and I reckon the quad is definitely on.

Really impressed by Zinch again. Both for his performances and attitude. Yes, he made a couple of mistakes but a No10 playing LB! He's becoming a cult hero.

I'd rather he played even if Mendy was fit.

Can i celebrate yet or have they found a reason to make us replay it ;)

I'm not having they were terrible,they weren't great but neither were the 3 teams from the bottom the league that beat us this season,we made them look like boys,so many of our young players out there,they are a joy to watch and the future is shaping up nicely

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.