Referees’ Performances 2018/19

There was a pitch side monitor. But the ref didn’t need to use it. All the calls were factual - all offside calls from memory. He only needs to check the monitor for subjective calls such as fouls.

There was a pitch side monitor. But the ref didn’t need to use it. All the calls were factual - all offside calls from memory. He only needs to check the monitor for subjective calls such as fouls.
This is correct although why did the taking of the penalty take so long, was that being checked initially to see if a clear and obvious error had been made in awarding the penalty? If that was the case then obviously it wasn't referred as then the ref would have taken a look at the monitor

The Frenchmen last night vs Schalke did a good job, linesmen were very good.

VAR taking too long wasn't their fault.
Yes, he was decent last night. He seemed as frustrated with the VAR officials as the fans were, I was half expecting him at one point to mouth the words 'sod it' and just continue with his own decision.

Yes, he was decent last night. He seemed as frustrated with the VAR officials as the fans were, I was half expecting him at one point to mouth the words 'sod it' and just continue with his own decision.

Ha, he would have been celebrated for that by the full ground!

This is correct although why did the taking of the penalty take so long, was that being checked initially to see if a clear and obvious error had been made in awarding the penalty? If that was the case then obviously it wasn't referred as then the ref would have taken a look at the monitor
Yes that was the oddest.
Amber they were checking if someone was offside and not the validity of the pen. However, if it was the latter the ref should have made the decision

I think they were checking offside as well as the pen. But as they agreed with the refs decision to give a pen there was no need for him to review it

Yes that was the oddest.
Amber they were checking if someone was offside and not the validity of the pen. However, if it was the latter the ref should have made the decision

I think the VAR team look at it, and only if they think there is a C&O error does the ref get directed to the monitor.
If there is no C&O error, then there's nothing to review and the decision on-field stands.

Its interesting that for both the goals the one given, and the one not given, that the lino allowed us to score before putting the flag up, this is good in my opinion, I also got both right, Sane ran behind the defenders, with the lino in line, I called it offside right away, and that from behind the goal at the other end, the other one (given) was the lino guessing as he was behind the play, with such a quick break away, I said that it would given, as he had no idea, and flagged just in case.

There was a similar incident with bayern, where Lewandowski was allowed to go on, but the ball ran out of play just the wrong side of the post, the lino went to put the flag up, then didn't until it went out of play, this is a good use of VAR (of which I'm highly critical in general), as if they flag early you'll not score, and it can't be reviewed.

apologies if this has been said somewhere else,
but noticed on Tuesday there where no goal line officials,
is this because of Var

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.