Oleks Zinchenko - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did that very well indeed last night, on the whole.

Not so much in many other games, hence the opinion. Usually, once he misjudges a challenge, he's dead.

I thought his fullback play was the best he's produced, last night.

All top players succesfully compensate weaknesses with their talent. As do teams and tactics.
Kimmich has turned into a contender for best rightback in the world, yet he doesn't have much recovery pace at all.
It happens.

Zin is making a strong case for himself defensively regardless of his moderate pace deficiency.
There has even been a lot less danger coming over our left side vs the right where we have a "real" fullback with blistering recovery pace.
(Walker is afforded less cover in some situations. True. But that's literally what he's there for.)
He wins most of his headers, win's most of his ground duels and has a staggering amount of interceptions even against top forwards like Pedro.
How can anybody be anything but utterly impressed??

Will he be caught out in a long sprint someday? Yes.
Is that a risk worth taking, considering what he can bring to the team as a whole? On current form... Absolutely.
To have a player with his passing potential helping out in midfield when we have the ball, has big potential. Very big potential.
If he keeps developing like this, then I would love to find out how much. I hope Pep does too.

In short sprints he's no slouch either, BTW.
He just needs some protection against getting caught in a long sprint against a pacy winger.
Walker's pace affords some extra cover on his side in those situations, and that has worked out very well so far. The same was true with Delph playing LB.
(It's one of the big things Walker brings to the team, despite his lack of form.)

1.5m as well. Rags and scousers probably in denial about what we paid for him, after all every one of our transfers was 50m plus.

He’s a tenacious little fucker isn’t he.
Doesn’t hide and fronts up when he’s made an error.
Can see this lad becoming a bit of a cult hero.

My only worry is that the suits will see him as a pot of gold, with the FFP scrutiny we’re under. He signed for £1.5m right? So after amortisation, his book value will now be less than £1m. There a lot of profit to be made on our books by selling Zinchenko instead of Mendy. But in pure footballing terms it would be an awful decision. Please keep him and offer him an extension.

All top players succesfully compensate weaknesses with their talent. As do teams and tactics.
Kimmich has turned into a contender for best rightback in the world, yet he doesn't have much recovery pace at all.
It happens.

Zin is making a strong case for himself defensively regardless of his moderate pace deficiency.
There has even been a lot less danger coming over our left side vs the right where we have a "real" fullback with blistering recovery pace.
(Walker is afforded less cover in some situations. True. But that's literally what he's there for.)
He wins most of his headers, win's most of his ground duels and has a staggering amount of interceptions even against top forwards like Pedro.
How can anybody be anything but utterly impressed??

Will he be caught out in a long sprint someday? Yes.
Is that a risk worth taking, considering what he can bring to the team as a whole? On current form... Absolutely.
To have a player with his passing potential helping out in midfield when we have the ball, has big potential. Very big potential.
If he keeps developing like this, then I would love to find out how much. I hope Pep does too.

In short sprints he's no slouch either, BTW.
He just needs some protection against getting caught in a long sprint against a pacy winger.
Walker's pace affords some extra cover on his side in those situations, and that has worked out very well so far. The same was true with Delph playing LB.
(It's one of the big things Walker brings to the team, despite his lack of form.)

I don't agree re his defending. I think we often look dangerously exposed there.

Walker has played quite a lot of games this season where he too is a danger to us, but he has proved he is capable of much higher level.

Zinky has the vision and pass to take that left side of midfield, but I doubt he will ever get the chance. He is not a full back but a squad player like Delph doing their best for the cause and saving the club from making a knee jerk decision to buy a big name replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.