CL QF Draw - City V Spurs ===== SF V Ajax (If we get there)

I wouldn’t mind anyone in the quarters on a level playing field.

However, as it’s not going to be a level playing field, I’d prefer Porto or Spurs.

Amazing, I actually guessed right.

Loads of nice little potential narratives and stories.

City vs Liverpool or United in the final is blockbuster.

My fave is the possibility of City playing Ajax in the semis followed by Barca in the finals, in a type of Cruyff Legacy Gauntlet writes itself.

Do have a feeling it could be a Barcelona vs Juventus in a final Ronaldo vs Messi showdown, though.

A lot of nice story lines. Think uefa wants Juve v Barca, Ronaldo v Messi.

Can’t really complain about our draw though. Barcelona, Liverpool and rags all which I wanted to avoid are on the same side.

Spurs won’t be easy but we should go through. Bonus is possibly playing Juve in a semi final which will be a hard test.

Liverpool might even be arrogant enough to rest players against Porto. If they get through which is likely they have the harder semi final so it benefits us in the league especially considering we have the much better squad.

PEP (Reaction to #UCL draw) We (Tottenham) know each other quite well. We play each other many times. I have a lot of respect for them. I know quite well the quality of this team.

“A lot of respect [For Spurs]. They are a top side. 50/50.”

So long as we avoid liverpool in the CL. Game raising divers who would get cynical calls for them and trying to get our players on a red.

I’d rather we play against teams willing to play football, even the new rags.

For those of us that grew up with City well before our modern, glorious era (and, unfortunately, after our earlier glorious era), could you ever imagine in those days reactions like these from another club’s supporters when a draw with us was announced (and the reactions not being ironic)?

Happy days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.