Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn’t lack effort? For me that’s exactly what he lacks. He has no desire to close down, to get the ball back quickly. He needs to shape up quickly because his performances recently have not been good enough. Being hooked every game says everything about how Pep sees his performances.

That's not what I have seen. Sorry. But I think his performance today was underwhelming and I am trying to analyse why. I am no fanboy but I have seen this guy achieve miracles. Maybe he is not accepted here judging by the negativity around him and maybe he should transfer.

I like many on here was really happy when we signed him. But he has been disappointing so far, he always seems to go inside his opponent never on the outside and overall lacks a cutting edge. He can deliver a great cross and I am hopeful next season he will be more productive but he certainly needs to improve.

He needs a run of games to get his confidence up, but there are better players stopping him.

Hopefully he can have a decent end to the season, and kick on with a good pre season.

Plenty of good footballers aren't able to make the final step up. Happens all the time. We won't get every transfer right.

He’ll come good next season, otherwise he’ll be out, It will soon dawn on Mahrez that he’s not a big fish anymore, and with minnows like Foden starting to develop some teeth, price tags mean nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.