FIFA Open a NEW investigation into City (and Chelsea) - Chelsea get transfer ban

They can't do one thing to the spainish clubs but change it for us,aren't the chavs appealing it through a higher body? we must be able to keep appealing so it get's pushed past the summer?
You'd like to think so Karen - but I have my doubts.
They may genuinely be clamping down on the issue, if I said anything else people would accuse me of thinking there's an agenda lol

You'd like to think so Karen - but I have my doubts.
They may genuinely be clamping down on the issue, if I said anything else people would accuse me of thinking there's an agenda lol
If FIFA genuinely want to crack down on the issue, they need to streamline their appeals process. You can't issue a 6 month long punishment and apply it immediately with an appeal process that lasts 8 months on average, or you're going to get your arse badly kicked when someone wins their appeal having already served the punishment.

If FIFA genuinely want to crack down on the issue, they need to streamline their appeals process. You can't issue a 6 month long punishment and apply it immediately with an appeal process that lasts 8 months on average, or you're going to get your arse badly kicked when someone wins their appeal having already served the punishment.
Yeah, the transfer ban would cause huge financial loss for City:

- competitive disadvantage causing loss of income (or whatever it's named)
- the need to sign new improved contracts with players we planned to sell otherwise
- the need to pay additional tax, as the profits could rise significantly in the absence of transfers

And have to factor in that FIFA are dealing with a rich club, so the calculated damage would be impressive. Imagine CAS lifting the ban and City taking FIFA to a court.

Wouldn't it be far more logical to simply lengthen the ban in case of 'frivolous' appeals lost in CAS?

Last edited:
What is the status concerning Chelsea's ban and appeal? It would seem they are slightly ahead of us in the process.

What is the status concerning Chelsea's ban and appeal? It would seem they are slightly ahead of us in the process.
Made an appeal to FIFA Appeals Committee (previous similar cases have taken the AC 6-8.5 months).
http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-t...helsea-appeal-against-two-window-transfer-ban

FIFA have denied Chelsea’s request to temporarily lift transfer ban until the proceedings are complete.

After proceedings are complete, they may appeal to CAS.
https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation...ntil-6-month-fifa-appeals-process-is-complete

Edit: The FA was fined £390,000 for the same wrongdoings and reportedly planning to appeal the decision.
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...e-transfer-ban-two-windows-news-a8791576.html

Last edited:
The annoying thing is with all the rules regarding signing young players etc you would think we would be wise enough not to be caught out, I believe they are looking into when we signed Iheanacho also, amateurish from us if proven.

The annoying thing is with all the rules regarding signing young players etc you would think we would be wise enough not to be caught out, I believe they are looking into when we signed Iheanacho also, amateurish from us if proven.
The rules can be vague and heavily depend on the interpretation. The FA was fined £390,000 for the same wrongdoings after all (reportedly going to appeal the fine).

If it was just us maybe, but it isn’t so things aren’t that simple.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.