Should We Prioritise?

City do rotate the team pretty well. Very few are playing every single game, and injuries have meant some have had a rest too. The FA Cup is only two more games, so as far as Liverpool or United or Spurs are concerned, it doesn't make that much difference now. What would be the point binning off a competition at this stage?

I we do prioritise then

League first, can bear the the media outpouring if the bin dippers win it.

Fa Cup, domestic treble.

Chumps League, just to boil the piss of UEFA

Better to focus on the Premier League and the FA cup.
The domestic treble has got a nice ring to it.

Also, my only concern about us winning the quadruple is Pep's work here will be done.
I know it's selfish but I'd like him to stick around a while.

I know what you mean,if we were to win all 4,his work is done,as it would as stupid as it sounds, be deemed a failure to not retain them all the following season I suppose,so I get were you coming from there

We have to go for them all. The FA Cup and CL fixtures could have been harder. The league run in will be tough but it always is. Keep playing the strongest team, keep trying to win games and competitions and keep fighting to win the lot.

When you look at the minutes our players have played compared to Liverpool's their key players have played a lot more still despite our success because they simply can't drop them. When they do, they lose. Against Swansea was the only time Pep has made changes and it backfired. Liverpool did at away at Red Star, against Chelsea in the league cup and against Wolves in the FA Cup.

The pressure on their few to perform is much more difficult than our squad all chipping in to achieve what we all want to. The mentality will be lost if we suddenly decide to prioritise. If we do get knocked out of a cup it will be tough for the players to stay focussed.

I don't know about the rest of you but I said at the start of the season I'd take a second Prem title over the Champions League.
The fact that Spurs and United are still in it shows that it's not the best teams in Europe that win this thing every season.
Winning the Prem in consecutive seasons shows your dominance.
I want all 4 though ! (5 if you include the Community Shield like United do !!)

I suspect injuries may be the crucial factor. Pep's style of play requires high intensity. With so many critical games against high level opposition, one after the other, Pep and his team will have to monitor and withdraw players if they are over fatigued. Our full squad will be needed. Hopefully Ferny and KDB will be back soon.

We can dream of the impossible. What an incredible time to be a City fan.

Far too late in the season to prioritise now,as said already, one game at a time,it's next season when we have to evaluate what takes priority,depending of course we don't win one of the three remaining pots this season.

With Guardiola though,he is a winner,and will take everything serious,even into next season,but to play a "b" team in League Cup for example all the way through,we still may end up lifting, it might be a good idea,then again...........
Problem there is this season has clearly demonstrated a blurring of the lines in terms of our a and b team. We definitely are a quality squad with little drop off, a great place to be.

It makes sense to see where we are when the time comes & judge it from there.

If we are in good shape physically, then go flat out for everything. If we are starting to struggle, then of course the FA Cup comes last, provided we are in with a decent shout at the others.

If for any reason we were to slip out of the title race, go absolutely full on for the Champions League, with the FA Cup as a possible bonus & rotate a bit for league games.

Foden is still learning. He is a highly talented footballer with huge potential but he still has a couple of steps to make. I am sure he will make the grade because what we have seen from him already is more than just promising. What he has been told, if anything, about his future at MCFC, who knows, but he continues to add sufficient cameos to his portfolio that augurs more than just well for his and MCFC's future. Any recent reports on how Jadon has taken the Bundesliga by the throat and given it an almighty throttling? All gone a bit quiet, hasn't it?
Completely agree with this. Foden will be ready to step into David’s shoes, I’m sure that’s the plan. Whether he can fill them over time is the big question.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.