Thomas Cook

Unfortunately, its not that simple for any airlne to just "Add" a special flight between two airports. It normally takes alot of time to apply for Slots etc, and especially as Madrid is an extremely busy airport, I very much doubt TC will have time to apply and set up special routes from the result of the semi final to the final.

Unfortunately, its not that simple for any airlne to just "Add" a special flight between two airports. It normally takes alot of time to apply for Slots etc, and especially as Madrid is an extremely busy airport, I very much doubt TC will have time to apply and set up special routes from the result of the semi final to the final.

What would happen then with potentially 35,000 fans going from north west airports

Thomas Cook and Sports Options will both put on flights in and out on the day. Madrid airport will be expecting multiple extra charter airlines from which ever country the two teams are arriving from.

Price is going to be an interesting question. They were charging £1k for the dippers to get to Kiev last year (but TC charged us £299 to go to Kharkiv which is quite a bit further away). There are more alternatives to get to Madrid but I reckon due to the cost of hotels, they'll be able to charge over £600 and sell the seats.

Two North West based teams being there would be fairly disastrous. For supporters due to the cost, and for airports and airlines due to security.

Last edited:
What would happen then with potentially 35,000 fans going from north west airports
I was doing some strategy consultancy for Manchester Airport in 1999 when the rags played in the final in Barcelona. I was there on the day talking to the Operations Director and asked him how they were coping. He said it was tight but they were fine if everything went according to plan. However if something went wrong at Barcelona Airport there would be a knock-on effect that would result in utter chaos, probably all over Western Europe.

Surely with the Champion League Final venue decided ages ago .Madrid airport would be expecting increased flights from charter companies, just not necessarily where they would be coming from

Plane seats for the champs league final are selling out fast. Managed to source tickets eventually when all the other 5 decided to go for it. Muggins here was given a thankless task of organisation. sometimes it is better to go with one airline and come back with another because if you go return journey you get stitched up on the outward leg or the inbound, one or the other. Found 6 tickets on Ryanair to Barcelona and during 10 minutes of trying to book them it kept saying that there oops there is a problem. Im getting back online after about 10 minutes the price has gone up from £350 to £402!

The demand is outstripping the supply. Alicante had several good flights a really good price but they soon filled up. I think there was one option early to go to Valencia and then make your own to Madrid and train is fastest option. I think there is still in easy Jet plane at this moment in time from Manchester to Bilbao, was £160 return this morning. I'm not sure what the fast trains are like from that far north or whether they even have a fast train service, you'd have to check it out. like I say everything is filling up fast so you've got to make a decision and go for it or potentially miss out, or just pay through the nose. Just giving a bit of advice so far and how I found it all.

Us,Dippers ,rags. Potentially 2, out of that lot could be flying out of mcr. they’d have to have segregated planes
There would be mayhem on board around the airports etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.