Player of the Year (2018-2019)

Thinking about it seriously, TOTY should probably be:

Alisson
Doherty - Van Dijk - Laporte - Robertson
Salah - Bernardo - Fernandinho - Sterling
Aguero - Aubameyang
Why Allison? He might have kept more clean sheets than Eddie but he's had quite a few more howlers as well.

The voting deadline for the PFA awards is next week or the week after iirc. Whoever wins the league will have little impact on it. However since the media have hung their hat on VVD it'll be him.

That's a good point actually. Yeah, Van Dijk will win it then.

Ben Foster at Watford should be in TOTY. Had a great season.
Allison has made multiple errors and would only be in it for the same reason Kyle Walker would be in it - face fits and is in it before the season starts.

He plays for one of the 2 adoRED teams, so he gets the nod due to the meedya coverage they get.
Yeah but we're talking about what it should be, hence he's got the likes of Doherty there who's in on merit but doesn't have much chance as he's been largely ignored. Allison doesn't get in over Eddie for me, he's made several big howlers leading to goals and Eddie hasn't made one. Foster as above and Matty Ryan (Brighton) would be good shouts as well.

My Post was in no way an indication of what I think it should be just a prediction on how shit the voting will be.

The hype over Liverpool's defence is unbelievable, they have conceded 3 fewer goals than us which is very good, but considering their midfield 3 to our lineups I'ld expect them to have a better defensive record.

Sterling, aguero, bernardo, fernandinho, laporte. You could legitimately pick any of those 5 depending on what you value the most. Sterling and Aguero turn up in the games that matter and turn draws and losses into wins, bernardo has been our most productive player all season, fernandinho is our most important cog and laporte has been the best defensive player and the most reliable.

I could change my mind every minute between those 5 and all 5 need to be in any team of the year as there's simply nobody better in any of their positions yet I bet they don't all make it.

If it was on hard work, commitment, skills, achievements it would be Bernardo/Sterling/Aguero.

If it's based on playing for Liverpool it is VVD.

The propaganda started a month ago, it's going to be VVD

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.