United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first line is a direct quote from crimson Clive's commentary, Dennis.

Lakey was brilliant that day, and we could all see how much it meant to him by the look on his face during the celebrations of each goal.

Mind you, every player was brilliant that day.

Bloody Hell! It’s just struck me that it will be 30 years ago on 23rd September.

How very scary.
Still my favourite ever raggy game, even above the '74 game & the '76 league cup one, can't count the 1-6 as I wasn't there but do not think it'd be number one.

Almost 30 years, what a ride, the previous 20 had seemed a rollercoaster but little did we all know.

Lakey was brilliant that day, and we could all see how much it meant to him by the look on his face during the celebrations of each goal.

Bloody Hell! It’s just struck me that it will be 30 years ago on 23rd September.

How very scary.
Seems like yesterday.Was on the Kippax that day.my first ever Derby.

How very scary.
Yeah?
1894 gang need to line something up for that.

Shorty after coming inside, Mr Scholes went back to the door and punched Mr Kemper in the vestibule area, the court heard.
Wow that sounds painful, a blow to the vestibules.

The case was adjourned until later this month when Scholes will be sentenced, but the judge said he was most likely to receive a community penalty, such as unpaid work.
Well, what a surprise.

Last edited:
Seems like yesterday.Was on the Kippax that day.my first ever Derby.

I was listening to Radio Two, though the BBC’s commentary that day was the Scouse derby. The first time they went to Stuart Hall, it was already 2-0, and that was followed closely by the players leaving the pitch, while the police evicted shithouses from the Kippax.

The next thing was, "There’s been another goal at Maine Road". I was expecting one for the rags, but of course, it was Bish's great header. I couldn’t believe it I spent the rest of the match - and the next week - in dreamland. It was a fantastic feeling.

If City supporters had been told pre-game you can win 5-1, but it will be 13 years before you beat them again, I reckon most would have taken it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.