UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone see that Uefa guy measuring the length of the corner flags before and after the Schalke game. If they don't get us on FFP they'll do us on SACF - short-arsed corner flags.

I hope no one posts that on RAWK - they’ll have another excuse to get the game against us replayed !

if they go for City despite this there will be hell to pay.

I think the likelihood is they will be more determined to get City because of this, those that are putting pressure on UEFA want their pound of flesh and we're now firmly in the crosshairs.

How useless are Uefa - missing their own deadline by 3 months! This does increasingly feel like the major teams in the elite ‘kicking off’ and uefa jumping (badly) to their tune. Barcelona were livid with PSG - they were behind this investigation being reopened.

These so called historically big teams crying over further competition.

Goes to show how amateur organisations like FIFA, UEFA and the FA are... the FA couldn’t run a bath (they couldn’t even sack either Sam Allidyce or Mark Sampson for Gross Misconduct - and ended up paying them both off). Any decent scrutiny of UEFA’s procedures probably means there’s a good chance you could avoid most punishments on a technicality.

Regardless of whether it does or doesn't help our own case, what this shows is that UEFA are prepared to break their own fucking rules in order to try and punish clubs. I mean, how fucking bent is that? And yet the pitchfork brigade reckon it's City that are the problem!
I think it shows them as inept rather than bent (in this case anyway).

So PSG are (rightly) in the clear. Anyone who thinks this will mean anything other than an increased determination to nail us is sadly mistaken.

I think it shows them as inept rather than bent (in this case anyway).
They are clearly not inept. They are just walking on a tight rope with on one side the "cartel" and the other side "PSG/City". The first side doesn't want to be challenged and it shows with the recent changes in european competition : more assured CL spot, more money for old elite via trophies and 10 year coefficient. In one hand, they give more money to the cartel clubs and on the other hand, they strangle the new money clubs with FFP. Look how FFP is designed perfectly to just prevent huge investment by the owner but all the advantages gained by being historical elite is further rewarded.
Since they know they can't push too far with PSG and City, they have to be creative in punishing them (PSG didn't get clear, they had to sell all their bench for a period preceding Neymar/Mbappé purchases) while allowing a way out to prevent a confrontation in courts.

And once again, i don't know if you saw the news about the reform on Champions League*. It is getting closer and closer to the Super (close) League wanted by the cartel. The inclination of UEFA to lean more and more towards the demand of the cartel show they are not inept but bent. I don't blame them though, it is a power struggle and clubs have the power. UEFA is just self servicing and pleasing his most powerful clients to stay relevant.

*The report states that several clubs in the ECA don’t want to wait for 2024 and are pushing for the changes to start in 2021.

Proposed changes under discussion:
  • A promotion and relegation system that would replace the current qualifying structure ensuring a more closed structure where the biggest and richest clubs are always involved
  • Only four of 32 teams relegated out of the competition ever year
  • Matches being moved from midweek to the weekend
  • More matches for all teams (previously, a minimum of 14 were proposed)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.