Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I'm not sure how many on here have done the Barca/Nou Camp tour, but it's basically open house for you to walk around. Trophy room, changing rooms, pitch, stands, press box etc.... anyway, it all finishes, like all modern tours, in the shop. You can't get out without walking past rows and rows of merchandise.
If we're rebuilding the store and redeveloping all that area, I'd expect it to be along the same lines. Having a store separate from the stadium, especially when there's nowhere inside you can even buy a scarf or a pair of gloves (like we had in the Kippax pre-move) on matchday as well, is definitely missing an opportunity to extract even more cash.

Yep, Jimmy Grimble would have never scored those goals in the manchester junior cup, if the Kippax (my mistake, it was the Main stand iirc) didnt have a shop ;0)

The only reasoin we want the 'home' end to be in the North stand is because of the potential to have one big 'Dortmund Wall of Sound' end which would hopefully surpass both Spurs and Dortmunds ends.

Moving the family stand to thwe other end has been mooted, but locating it next to the away fans is not well received, well why not move the away fans from an end all together, why not, just like at maine road have the away fans at the side of the 'kippax' stand, some singers could locate either side of this section, just like at maine road with the platt lane end housing the other singers. At Maine road the away fans were surrounded, yet the North stand, well away from the away section still had its fair share of singers, indeed at times it was the best, and lets not forget Helen the bell, and her gang of children were in there too, so that was kind of the pre-cursor to a family stand and it still had its fair share of sound coming from it.

Forget a wall of sound, we want a cauldren of sound, 2 ends plus a kippax stand of potential safe standing, just like in the days of 84k crowds where the only seats were in the Main stand, it could potentially rival the swamp for the biggest capacity stadium. Move all the corporates to the CB stand, as they don't seem to sell their allocations on a regular basis, and have the east stand re-designed as Kippax version III (I remember Kippax version II being the tallest stand in the country when it was rebuilt as an all-seater, so it was still a formidable stand comparedto the original one with its HUGE capacity (wasnt it something like 26k in the 80's when I was stood there next to the away fans)

It wouldn’t as as big as the Spurs or Dortmund ends.

It’ll be an expanded 2nd tier and it can’t go mega far back due to the original cable net and supports being in the way.

It’d be very similar to this:

308-B6738-F68-B-4-AB7-BE1-E-3-D1446912323.png

Not without closing the stand for a season to enable it to be rebuilt.

A third tier can be added without any problems as happened with the South Stand. What you are suggesting will involve demolishing the who stand and rebuild it from scratch

I just don't understand this obsession with having a single tier stand.

Who is going to explain to those season ticket holders displaced for a year? Indeed a it currently contains the family stand it would mean permanent relocation.

Apart from anything else, rail seating has yet to be approved and licensed for the Premier League.

It ain't going to happen.

What isn’t going to happen? You can’t state that.

Nobody on here knows what the club is going to do. From the snippets coming out, and the consultation with the fans, the club are examining all options for a NS expansion. The club are also considering safe standing as part of any NS expansion. It would make sense to put any safe standing area on NS L1. The club are aware that a large and vocal section and %age of City fans want a new and proper home end incorporated into any NS expansion. The club also support the fans efforts in creating a better atmosphere at the Etihad. The club worked with 1894 to create the sailing ship display against Schalke. There is a lot going on behind the scenes between the club and 1894 which isn’t in the public domain.

As for safe standing in general, it has moved on in a positive way. The Governments opposition to safe standing has softened. The majority of PL clubs are now in favour of safe standing. PL clubs are also engaging with their fans and are making dedicated singing sections in their stadiums to try and improve the matchday atmosphere. United are getting a new singing section in the Stratford End next season. It’s based on Dortmund’s Yellow Wall. It’s being called the Red Brick. ;-) Wolves have installed a mock-up safe standing area in their stadium......

From Talk Shite.

Wolves have installed various safe-standing options at Molineux, making them the first Premier League club to do so at their current stadium.

A mix of rail seats and seats with separate barriers have been installed in a currently unused block of the Billy Wright Stand to show fans and the local Safety Advisory Group how they would work when the law banning persistent standing is dropped.

Wolves are also putting in two further options – barriers in front of existing seats – later this week in order to demonstrate five solutions in total, the Black Country club have announced.

In a statement, managing director Laurie Dalrymple said: “As a club we are keen to be at the forefront of innovation and progression, so the opportunity to install these examples of potential safe-standing solutions was one we were very happy to explore.

“Whilst the seats themselves will not be operational or used at matches, we are now able to give our Fan’s Parliament group and local authority the opportunity to view all the options before some of these solutions become commonplace in UK stadiums.

https://talksport.com/football/483556/safe-standing-wolves-premier-league-rail-seats/

Always good suggestions but at 54.120 average attendance, we're not going to get any more supporters. City are going to stick at our current fan-base until room is made.

Our support has always gone up and down, much like the team. :-) When we first moved to the Etihad we were getting 44,000 fans. We’re now getting 54,000 fans, give or take. That’s an increase of 10,000 fans. I would argue we still have 1000’s of fans who want to come to the matches, but can’t get a season ticket as they sell out every season. (The rumour is we now have 46,000 season ticket holders?) And because they are priced out of PL matches.

We get 50,000 for FA Cup games because tickets are cheaper and affordable. And a large percentage of those FA Cup crowds are made up of families, kids, young fans, etc, who can’t afford to go to PL matches.

As City have becone more and more successful, we have attracted more and more fans, locally, nationally and internationally. In my opinion City have no option but to increase the capacity of the stadium, and need to accommodate our growing fans base. If City don’t do that our matchday going fan base will stagnate. So will matchday revenues, unless season ticket and matchday ticket prices are continually increased, season after season.(9 price increases in the last 10 $easons) If that continues the club will create a vicious circle of relying on the same fans paying more for season tickets and matchday tickets to increase matchday revenues every season. And in doing that new and potential City fans will be priced out of going to City even further. :-(

Last edited:
By new fans do you mean touts?
Also why do you think long standing City fans should pay more than new fans?

Touts will always be a problem regardless of what the club try and do to stop them buying season tickets.

The priority should be to get new City fans into the stadium instead of constantly moving current season ticket holders around the stadium by offering them cheaper season tickets first. There has to come a point where new City fans and new season ticket holders should get the priority and a chance of buying a (cheaper) season ticket over existing season ticket holders. That’s what I think.

Our support has always gone up and down, much like the team. :-) When we first moved to the Etihad we were getting 44,000 fans. We’re now getting 54,000 fans, give or take. That’s an increase of 10,000 fans. I would argue we still have 1000’s of fans who want to come to the matches, but can’t get a season ticket as they sell out every season. (The rumour is we now have 46,000 season ticket holders?) And because they are priced out of PL matches.

We get 50,000 for FA Cup games because tickets are cheaper and affordable. And a large percentage of those FA Cup crowds are made up of families, kids, young fans, etc, who can’t afford go to PL matches.

As City have becone more and more successful, we have attracted more and more fans, locally, nationally and internationally. In my opinion City have no option but to increase the capacity of the stadium, and need to accommodate our growing fans base. If City don’t do that our matchday going fan base will stagnate. So will matchday revenues, unless season ticket and matchday ticket prices are continually increased, season after season.(9 price increase in the last 10 $easons) If that happens the club will create a vicious circle of relying on the same fans to pay more for season tickets and matchday tickets to increase matchday revenues. And in doing that, new and potential City fans will be priced out of going to City even further. :-(
According to City last season we had over 125,000 unique supporters in the home end over the course of 2017/18. That's our match-going fanbase. Obviously some may have just gone the once. I agree with you though that the ground needs to be expanded.

I am bit disappointed that it's not happening this Summer as I assumed that the fans consultation implied it was imminent. The CL games have seen 50k plus crowds with a very significant proportion none-season card holders so I am convinced that we'd have no problem filling a new stand, particularly if we made more seasoncards available.

I am waiting for new seasoncards to be released this Summer for my family, and I am sure there's a lot of blues in the same boat. I can't see there being much turnover given the success of the team, maybe a few hundred and of those how many will be seats together.

It wouldn’t as as big as the Spurs or Dortmund ends.

It’ll be an expanded 2nd tier and it can’t go mega far back due to the original cable net and supports being in the way.

It’d be very similar to this:

308-B6738-F68-B-4-AB7-BE1-E-3-D1446912323.png

That’s still impressive.

According to City last season we had over 125,000 unique supporters in the home end over the course of 2017/18. That's our match-going fanbase. Obviously some may have just gone the once. I agree with you though that the ground needs to be expanded.

I am bit disappointed that it's not happening this Summer as I assumed that the fans consultation implied it was imminent. The CL games have seen 50k plus crowds with a very significant proportion none-season card holders so I am convinced that we'd have no problem filling a new stand, particularly if we made more seasoncards available.

I am waiting for new seasoncards to be released this Summer for my family, and I am sure there's a lot of blues in the same boat. I can't see there being much turnover given the success of the team, maybe a few hundred and of those how many will be seats together.

I think we can absorb a few more empty seats, knowing we will fill 1000’s of seats. I think a new 60,000 capacity would be enough, instead of the 62,000 capacity, that has been banded about. Sticking 6000 extra seats on NSL2 shouldn’t be too difficult or too expensive. :-)

M
It would make sense to put any safe standing area on NS L1./

Safestanding anywhere would be great but if we’re gonna have a proper end in the north stand it’s gotta be higher up (the big second tier)
if we put standing on lvl 1 it’ll just be south stand part 2 where the sound doesn’t travel further than a few blocks

The CL games have seen 50k plus crowds with a very significant proportion none-season card holders so I am convinced that we'd have no problem filling a new stand, particularly if we made more seasoncards available.
We need to reduce the %age of season ticket holders and make more match day tickets available (and cheaper), not increase season card holders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.