Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

M

Safestanding anywhere would be great but if we’re gonna have a proper end in the north stand it’s gotta be higher up (the big second tier)
if we put standing on lvl 1 it’ll just be south stand part 2 where the sound doesn’t travel further than a few blocks

Here’s an idea.

1. Leave the family stand where it is. That solves the problem of where to put the family stand.
2. Make the current NS level 2 a safe standing area, with the new singing section in the middle of it. It could be modelled on the curva’s across Europe. The songs and noise would travel further.
3. Construct a larger level 3, and offer those displaced from level 2 the front rows of level 3, at a cheaper price than level 2, which would be slightly higher up than level 2, but with pretty much the same view.
4. The NS would then mirror the SS, and the stadium would look uniformed.

Last edited:
Here’s an idea.

1. Leave the family stand where it is. That solves the problem of where to put the family stand.
2. Make the current NS level 2 a safe standing area, with the new singing section in the middle of it. It could be modelled on the curva’s across Europe. The songs and noise would travel further.
3. Construct a larger level 3, and offer those displaced from level 2 the front rows of level 3, at a cheaper price than level 2, which would be slightly higher up than level 2, but with pretty much the same view.
4. The NS would then mirror the SS, and the stadium would look uniformed.

Singing section on lvl 2 would be better for sound than what we have now cos it’s not under ground level but it’s still too small from top to bottom.. if we’re gonna focus singing in one stand we should have the biggest tier in that stand surely..
I don’t really care if the roof isn’t semetrical the new spurs ground is bigger on one side with their 1 tier stand and it doesn’t look bad.
All of us in a big 2nd tier would be the best option imo but I know the limitations on standing high up.

I think the local demand is there, at the right price.

I appreciate City aren’t going to give PL match season tickets and match day tickets away.

There’s quite a few things the club can do to sell more season tickets and match day tickets.

Off the top of my head. I appreciate some might be pie in the sky ideas.

1. Make season tickets and match day tickets more affordable. Obviously.
2. Get rid of block and row pricing. Make each level and row the same price.
3. If the stadium is expanded, set aside a block or blocks for families. 2’s, 3’s, 4’s etc, where they are guaranteed seats next to each other, and they can buy family bundle tickets in advance. It’s not a rehash of the family stand.
4. A block for younger fans in their teens/twenties. The next generation of singers, so they can get to know each other, and create an atmosphere.
5. Affordable safe standing, if it ever get’s introduced? There’s no point in making safe standing as expensive as standing is now. In effect those of us who prefer to stand are paying full price for a seat we never sit in. :-/
6. Been done to death. Make tickets easier to buy. One example. Ticket booths around the stadium, instead of having to queue up for an age in the long and slow ticket office queue. There are many other examples where the club could implement new ticket buying Procedures.
7. Have our own fleet of City electric European style bendy buses. They carry more people than a conventional UK bus. Charge £1 each way to the city centre and back from the Etihad. Or make the buses free of charge for matchday fans, like they do in Germany.
8. Split the cost with the city council and GMPTE and build Metrolink sidings on a section of the Etihad Campus, where Trams can wait, stack up, and be ready to take the fans back into the city centre ASAP after the match.
9. Etc.

Yes, this all cost money to implement. But in the long run City will make that money back via bigger attendances, and via fans spending more money before, during and after the match. Unfortunately I think City are just happy to plod along, making piecemeal changes, while keeping things as they are. When in reality there is a hug opportunity for the club to take the whole matchday experience, from start to finish, to another level, that isn’t matched by any other PL club or British club. City, or should I say Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon and Soriano, just need the vision and balls to do it. Because once they say do it, it will get done.

Don't even need to pay more with the Metrolink,get one of the stations reopened nearby on the railway and be even better. One line goes behind the old regional arena that Manchester Rangers Rugby League team are using.

Singing section on lvl 2 would be better for sound than what we have now cos it’s not under ground level but it’s still too small from top to bottom.. if we’re gonna focus singing in one stand we should have the biggest tier in that stand surely..
I don’t really care if the roof isn’t semetrical the new spurs ground is bigger on one side with their 1 tier stand and it doesn’t look bad.
All of us in a big 2nd tier would be the best option imo but I know the limitations on standing high up.

If you could fill NSL2 with 1000( random number) like minded singers, the chants and atmosphere would travel to a larger L3, and L3 would join in. The kids in L1 would hear the chants as well and join in.(hopefully) The NSL2 support would be heard all around the stadium, and they would be much more visible. The club could remove the the digital boards along the front of NSL2 and banners could be hung from there. Flags on the poles could be waved from there for longer.

Google AC Milan or Inter Milan Curva and you will see what I mean. For some reason picture’s aren’t showing when I post them.(still waiting for a reply from the Ric or the MODS on that issue!)

Last edited:
Don't even need to pay more with the Metrolink,get one of the stations reopened nearby on the railway and be even better. One line goes behind the old regional arena that Manchester Rangers Rugby League team are using.

Never knew that.

Have you got Google map link or aerial picture of the area? Thanks.

move the families away from the North Stand, Have a section across the CB or East Stand.

Did anyone notice the large pocket of seats in NSL1 that were vacated instantly towards the end of the match v Schalke? Midway up, to the left of the goal, looking from the SS. Hard to guess, but there looked upwards of 20 seats, if not more? At that point NSL1 was still pretty much full, bar that pocket of seats that were really obvious. As we know, they club set aside x amount of seats in the NS for groups.

Can’t see the club doing that. Maybe in the corner. Think the corner blocks of SSL1, away from the away fans, would be a good place.

Never knew that.

Have you got Google map link or aerial picture of the area? Thanks.

Hi,

Yeah i do, my old fella goes on about this nearly every game walking away from the ground.

Hope this works, literally a line that goes around the ground and isn't being used on matchdays other than possibly at Ashburys (near SeaMarket)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4824726,-2.2188066,863a,35y,71.84h,44.69t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1sWgtDOIaQOdBk1kjAPTeAMA!2e0!6s//geo0.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=WgtDOIaQOdBk1kjAPTeAMA&output=thumbnail&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&thumb=2&w=203&h=100&yaw=347.89948&pitch=0&thumbfov=100

*Edit*

Just zoom out a little & you will see how close it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.