Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news if true. Glad Leroys signed up. Will shut the snipers up. And Zinch deserves his reward, got his head down and grafted and waited patiently.

Great news if true. With Oleks being out of contract in 2020, we'd have to sell this summer to make a profit.

Only Gundogan to go now if this is the case. If he decides to leave then good luck to him, the positive would be it opening more starting opportunities for Foden next season.

Yeah, I'm not getting excited about Sane until he's home and it's announced.

Many a world class player has been tapped up on international duty.

For me he's the highest ceiling of any player I've ever seen at the club so I'll do backflips once he's nailed down, but for now I'm still nervous of Bayern and Real sniffing around.

If/when he does sign, it will be the biggest signal to date of our power and the old guards inability to lure our players.

Great news if true. With Oleks being out of contract in 2020, we'd have to sell this summer to make a profit.

Only Gundogan to go now if this is the case. If he decides to leave then good luck to him, the positive would be it opening more starting opportunities for Foden next season.

This...

Gundo has been a very decent signing in spite of his injury issues. I don't begrudge him a last move guaranteeing him some 1st team football. His age & injury records suggests its the right time for us to move him on and bring Foden through.

That said, if Gundo stays and is content with the squad player role, I'd be happy if he stayed a bit longer.

This...

Gundo has been a very decent signing in spite of his injury issues. I don't begrudge him a last move guaranteeing him some 1st team football. His age & injury records suggests its the right time for us to move him on and bring Foden through.

That said, if Gundo stays and is content with the squad player role, I'd be happy if he stayed a bit longer.

He could walk into a Sevilla, or AC Milan team for example. Play every week in a new country for a Champions League club. He probably knows due to bad spinal and knee injuries that he's probably only going to make it to 32/33 at the top level.

Great passing range, and his dinked balls over the top are becoming a signature move. But I always feel he's a bit flaky in big games, with unforced errors, misplaced passes, jumping out of tackles. Either way, a good servant who still has a vital role to play for as long as he is here.

I agree with an above poster in terms of Leroy having the highest ceiling. Such a gifted athlete and footballer, would be great business if we get him signed up long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.