Saúl Ñíguez

Interestingly enough, Barcelona have a first right of refusal on the player should Atletico decide to sell - this clause was part of the 2013 deal that saw David Villa transferred at a lower fee

Having said that, not sure if even at a discounted €80m Barcelona would be tempted despite having coveted the player for years. I think he's excellent and would be interesting to see how he would do in a more offensive set up

First right means nothing if player doesn't want to go in that direction.

I've heard from someone who has good info from the club that if we get to buy any players this summer it'll be Chilwell and Saul and they are, purportedly, close.

Would love to hear more from your source! But this sounds like a one-year ban is inevitable. But if we were to sign Chilwell and Saul before the door shuts, I would be more than happy. Our team would manage for a long time.
I would also have liked Matthijs De Ligt but he looks destined for Barcelona. And we have Eric Garcia. For me, he is (almost) better than Otamendi. He certainly will be. We do not need any more attackers as we have Mahrez, Jesus and Sané on the bench every other game. It’s tight as it is.

Sid Lowe discussed this in his most recent podcast.

Apparently he was told by 2 people very close to Atletico it wasn't true but that Atletico are losing at least 3 starters (Godin, Luis, Hernandez, maybe Griezmann) and that Saul is a player who has a poor relationship with Simeone who they could get a lot of money from (€80m+) to help rebuild.

I thought it was interesting that he mentioned a poor relationship with Simeone as ESPN's article mentioned some complicated off pitch stuff too. So maybe he will be on the move after all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.