João Félix

Looks really promising but he seems like more of a midfielder than a striker and I don't think we have space for another attacking midfielder unless gundogan leaves.

Doubt it. Really doubt it.
You can doubt all you want. It's common knowledge that Benfica has around 6 million supporters in Portugal, which equates to more than half of the country. This is a non issue among us, every fan from every team knows and acknowledges this. It is and always has been the largest team in Portugal.

As for Félix, I can tell you he is at least as talented as Bernardo. Maybe even more. He also delivers more and bettee final product, as you'd imagine from a SS kind of player (I've followed both at youth levels). Hope he stays with us at least another year.

You can doubt all you want. It's common knowledge that Benfica has around 6 million supporters in Portugal, which equates to more than half of the country. This is a non issue among us, every fan from every team knows and acknowledges this. It is and always has been the largest team in Portugal.

As for Félix, I can tell you he is at least as talented as Bernardo. Maybe even more. He also delivers more and bettee final product, as you'd imagine from a SS kind of player (I've followed both at youth levels). Hope he stays with us at least another year.
Kids don't go on to achieve their potential all the time. But he is the best youth player I've seen since Messi.

Whatever that's worth. At a minimum, I think he'll be a good player at a top club. But his ceiling is higher than Sane's. And many believe Sane has Balon d'or potential.

If we can, buy him. Even if it means a loan back for 1 more year :)

Kids don't go on to achieve their potential all the time. But he is the best youth player I've seen since Messi.

Whatever that's worth. At a minimum, I think he'll be a good player at a top club. But his ceiling is higher than Sane's. And many believe Sane has Balon d'or potential.

more potential than mbappe ?

I'm currenty watching Benfica's games on fast-forward... Young 'false 9' Messi immediately comes to mind. Bigger, slower and more powerful version. Very good shot from both feet, good heading ability (attacks crosses with aggression!) And his best weapon - absurd Messi/Maradona-like penetrative passes coupled with ability to play in tight spaces through the middle.

Not pacy, which makes Kaka comparisons a bit odd. Can play well in central areas only and wouldn't be effective from wide positions.

The questions are:
- can he become a sole CF/false 9? He performs as SS alongside Seferovic and plays off him, he wouldn't have such luxury playing for City
- is his goalscoring ability enough to complement City wingers? That's a big if, as his strongest side is creativity, not predatory striker instincts.

If the answer is yes, we're talking about an upcoming tier 1 superstar forward. If not, it's 'just' another talented 8 with goals in him, like Foden or Bernardo. Or tactically limited SS. Which we probably do not need.

more potential than mbappe ?
Definitely not. And Mbappe is already the best CF in the world in my opinion, enough talk about 'potential'.

Definitely not. And Mbappe is already the best CF in the world in my opinion, enough talk about 'potential'.

Dont want to deviate from the topic but mbappe isnt even top 5 right now . ronaldo,aguero,lewandowski,suarez griezmann and cavani are all at the moment better players than him . Not to say he cant reach their level in a few years.

I feel very lucky that I was able to get tickets for the Benfica v CSKA match last year then if that's the case.

I'm currenty watching Benfica's games on fast-forward... Young 'false 9' Messi immediately comes to mind. Bigger, slower and more powerful version. Very good shot from both feet, good heading ability (attacks crosses with aggression!) And his best weapon - absurd Messi/Maradona-like penetrative passes coupled with ability to play in tight spaces through the middle.

Not pacy, which makes Kaka comparisons a bit odd. Can play well in central areas only and wouldn't be effective from wide positions.

The questions are:
- can he become a sole CF/false 9? He performs as SS alongside Seferovic and plays off him, he wouldn't have such luxury playing for City
- is his goalscoring ability enough to complement City wingers? That's a big if, as his strongest side is creativity, not predatory striker instincts.

If the answer is yes, we're talking about an upcoming tier 1 superstar forward. If not, it's 'just' another talented 8 with goals in him, like Foden or Bernardo. Or tactically limited SS. Which we probably do not need.

You have described him in perfect detsde with the higlighighl. His vision and confidence are unreal. In the end I expect a Suarez type trajectory. A support striker who ends up a #9. And an unplayable one at that.

While I don't consider Mbappe potential anymore, when he broke into Lyon's first team, it felt like I was a smarter younger Henry, which was amazing. Felix gives me the sense I'm watching the vision of Messi in a bigger body.

He is Suarez with Messi's vision. Potential here is higher than I've seen on anyone breaking into a 1st team.

Granted this is not proof he'll pan out. There was a kid at Bilbao who had unbelievable potential Iker Muniain. He turned out a good player eventually but never peaked. Isco had similar unbelievable potential, and he too turned out just a good player.

In the end youthful potential is just that, potential. But this guy Ticks the boxes for me.

Btw, the comparison to Kaka, comes from the smoothness of movement. While Kaka was super fast you often couldn't tell, unless you were paying attention to the guy he was leaving in the dust, because he was so so smooth. :)

Anyway, I really like what I see in this kid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.