FA Cup Semi Final draw - Brighton

According to the box park website it's portsmouth who have this for the checkatrade so think it will be Brighton for the semi
That’s a pity as it seems to have been changed then. I looked at a Sunderland forum a couple of weeks ago and the official info was they had been allocated Boxpark despite being on the East side. As I said there are other factors involved so just living in hope really.

Were any other Bluemooners at the old Goldstone Ground in 1983, when Brighton hosted City in the FA Cup? We got pasted 4-0, and John Bond said "I can go no farther with this side", and resigned shortly after. The disastrous John Benson took over and we went down after the Luton game (sodding David Pleat).
I remember it well, as Peter Swales gave me a lift from Gatwick airport to the ground in the City directors' minibus. (I've never heard so much ill-informed football chat)
We were abysmal that day. A miserable journey home.
Happy days. Not.

Were any other Bluemooners at the old Goldstone Ground in 1983, when Brighton hosted City in the FA Cup? We got pasted 4-0, and John Bond said "I can go no farther with this side", and resigned shortly after. The disastrous John Benson took over and we went down after the Luton game (sodding David Pleat).
I remember it well, as Peter Swales gave me a lift from Gatwick airport to the ground in the City directors' minibus. (I've never heard so much ill-informed football chat)
Happy days. Not.
Unfortunately, yes.
And the other 4-0 pasting in the pissing rain, in the open end. Thank you god!

Happy days. Not.
I was there with my banana when the head steward headed the ball out of the ground to waste time.....it may not have gone out of the ground &he may not have been head steward but it wasted time & I remember him being in bother for fucking about.

I was there with my banana when the head steward headed the ball out of the ground to waste time.....it may not have gone out of the ground &he may not have been head steward but it wasted time & I remember him being in bother for fucking about.

Wasn't the 4-0 FA Cup defeat pre-banana days? Think we won there in our 1988-89 promotion season at the height of the banana craze though

Anybody remember them skinheads under the bridge. after the game . If memory serves me right didn’t Michael Robinson score a couple. Long way home on the train that.? Hove to Brighton ... Brighton to Victoria... Victoria to Euston then Manchester. History we have loads:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.