Scott Walker RIP

We toss the word legend around pretty casually nowadays, but he definitely was one of those. Surely the greatest accomplishment of Eddie Fisher (outside of marrying Elizabeth Taylor) was discovering Walker's precious singing talent. I think if he would have stayed stateside then Walker would have turned into another Andy Williams or Johnny Rivers... playing The Action or The Whiskey A Go-Go. Yuck! Some US artists have to go abroad to find themselves... Walker was definitely one of those. RIP... Let's hope he finds some new sounds in the darkness of the void.

Last edited:
RIP Scott. Alongside Bill Medley of the Righteous Brothers, one of the greatest voices in popular music. His real name was Scott Engel but decided to adopt the surname Walker from his partner in The Surfaris, who I think was called Tony Walker (although that itself was a stage-name). When the two of them joined up with the other guy (whose name escapes me) they decided to all change their surname to Walker to make it sound like they were brothers.

RIP Scott. Alongside Bill Medley of the Righteous Brothers, one of the greatest voices in popular music. His real name was Scott Engel but decided to adopt the surname Walker from his partner in The Surfaris, who I think was called Tony Walker (although that itself was a stage-name). When the two of them joined up with the other guy (whose name escapes me) they decided to all change their surname to Walker to make it sound like they were brothers.
His real name was Noel Scott Engel

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.