For blues going sat to fulham tube closure

urban genie

Just in case some are not aware the tube line is closed from earls court to wimbledon and replacement buses running this sat and sunday.

This includes putney bridge.

Think easiest bet is overground to putney rather than buses, only a few minutes from putney bridge I believe

Nearest overground is west bromptom ain't it? Does putney have a station tfgl site not showing one

To be honest I am not well up on lomdom transport so just checked their site

Last edited:
Neaewst overground is west bromptom ain't it? Does putney have a station tfgl site not showing one

To be honest I am not well up on lomdom transport so just checked their site

There's a mainline railway station at Putney served by South Western Railway, with trains from Waterloo, Vauxhall and Clapham Junction. The walk over the Thames to Craven Cottage isn't too far and there's a few decent pubs en route.
Quickest way from Euston is Victoria Line to Vauxhall then train to Putney. Seems like there is an extra change required at Clapham Junction this Saturday because of some sort of engineering works.
Oh, and random trivia time, when you walk over Putney Bridge, you walk past the church featured in the "Omen" film !!!

A couple of us are going doves night before with only 2 of us traveling up sat morning and those staying over friday are in a hotel earls court so clapham probably a non starter, will more likelly get tube to barrons court and have a nice leisurely walk through london only take about half hr

A couple of us are going doves night before with only 2 of us traveling up sat morning and those staying over friday are in a hotel earls court so clapham probably a non starter, will more likelly get tube to barrons court and have a nice leisurely walk through london only take about half hr

Wish I was going to Doves. Bought tickets for The Zutons at Manchester Albert Hall the day before the Doves gig was announced. For that reason also chose not to go to Fulham away as a night out in Manchester followed by an early morning train to London seemed too hardcore after a hard week's work !!!

If like me arriving at kings cross/st pancras take underground Piccadilly line to Hammersmith then 35 minute walk to ground,or bus from Hammersmith number 220 to the ground 10 minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.