Bernard Halford

Perhaps the last link to the good old bad old days. RIP to a true blue.

I met him a few times in the 70's & 80's. Loved how much he was appreciated within a multi-million pound organisation, just shows the warmth from within.

Blue to the core. RIP Bernard.

Met Bernard a few times over the years..Will never forget what he did for me around 30 yrs ago when i wrote to the club,as an out of town supporter asking about help with travelling to Maine road..i got a personally signed letter from the Secretary of Manchester City FC..thanking me for my interest..amd promising to put my name in the next home match day programme.to highlight my enquiry re lifts to Manchester.....which he did.He also put me in touch with The Leicester and rugby supporters branch,and very soon after Anita Britton, the branch secretary wrote to me ...i was already City daft,but those two letters changed my life.i was proper hooked and began following City home and away.as well as playing for City supporters team regularly
...RIP Bernard.i still have your letter stored away somwhere...What a man..to take such care consideration and genuine interest in a letter from an out of town Blue was fantastic.
A big big part of my earliest Maine Road memories. Very sad news.Folk like Bernard,Janice in the club shop,Helen ,Roy Clarke in the social club...all City through and through,and always pleased to see me with a smile.Great memories.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.