Fatigue and Minutes Played

marl0we

There has been a lot of talk about fixture congestion and City players having to fight on multiple fronts, so I thought I would pull some stats together. This table shows how many minutes each City and Liverpool player has played this season.

Interestingly, the three outfield players who have played the most this season are VVD, Salah, and Robertson (all over 3300), with Walker, Laporte, and Mane close behind.

The % column shows how much each player has played compared to the maximum possible. Liverpool have six outfield players who play over 77% of their minutes (VVD, Salah, Robertson, and Mane all play 88%+), while City's most 'important' players are Walker and Laporte (74%).

I think this shows that, although City do have more games to play in the remainder of the season, we are less reliant on our first team than Liverpool and hopefully the squad will be able to cope.

Also this international break is really dragging.

YGh2dBd.jpg

For what it's worth, City have played 49 matches this year (30 Prem, 8 CL, 6 League Cup, 4 FA Cup, and the Community Shield) plus one set of extra time. Liverpool have played 41 (31 Prem, 8 CL, and 1 in each cup competition).

Data is from https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/

2 sets of extra time in the league cup, those 30 minutes might be vital for the dipper excuse writers.

Apart from Oxlade Chamberlain and Gomez (who's still played more than Kompany, Mendy, KDB and some of our other crocks), it goes to show that Liverpool have been very lucky with injuries this season.

There has been a lot of talk about fixture congestion and City players having to fight on multiple fronts, so I thought I would pull some stats together. This table shows how many minutes each City and Liverpool player has played this season.

Interestingly, the three outfield players who have played the most this season are VVD, Salah, and Robertson (all over 3300), with Walker, Laporte, and Mane close behind.

The % column shows how much each player has played compared to the maximum possible. Liverpool have six outfield players who play over 77% of their minutes (VVD, Salah, Robertson, and Mane all play 88%+), while City's most 'important' players are Walker and Laporte (74%).

I think this shows that, although City do have more games to play in the remainder of the season, we are less reliant on our first team than Liverpool and hopefully the squad will be able to cope.

Also this international break is really dragging.

YGh2dBd.jpg

For what it's worth, City have played 49 matches this year (30 Prem, 8 CL, 6 League Cup, 4 FA Cup, and the Community Shield) plus one set of extra time. Liverpool have played 41 (31 Prem, 8 CL, and 1 in each cup competition).

Data is from https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/

Interesting post. Nice one.

Just keep taking one game at a time and hopefully giving our star players 25 mins off towards end of games(scores permitting) and I reckon we'll be fine. The 3 games in 9 days is going to be tricky and is going to call on a herculean effort, but if our squad can't do it, then no other fuckers will even come close! Three points against Fulham is a must, then it'll be one game nearer to the finish line still in driving seat. CTID.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.