Phil Foden - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a bit worrying to hear Phil say he thinks he has lost fitness not playing. Does he ever play for the EDS nowadays?

I hope he remains patient as he has time on his side - how long did it take Lingard to break through at the rags?

I still think a half season loan at a team like Bournemouth would be great for him if he started most matches but loans can be chancy affairs.
Cant compare Phil to ratface

Reminds me so much of gazza with that ability to run away with the ball and the defenders not able to get it off him ,

Reminds me so much of gazza with that ability to run away with the ball and the defenders not able to get it off him ,
Yep.There are so many aspects of his game which bode well for the future..not least his eye for goal...he went close for england with that well driven shot with his weaker right foot.This lad is gonna be sensational When you can come into a team like City,having not played for weeks,on a mud bath of a pitch at Newport..and walk off with a 91% passing accuracy ratio...that is simply stunning.Weather or not you agree with Peps handling of his career so far... I thinkAll of us Blues can agree we are in for a treat when he finally settles in our first team.I cant wait.He looks the real deal.Best home grown talent since Lake,my all time fav City player..young Foden seems set to eclipse him...and the rest of the country will be memorized with his skills,just like a young Gazza.What a time to be a Blue!

"Of course he can play more minutes but he could play less," the Catalan said earlier in March. "We cannot forget he is 19 years old [sic] and it's the first season he’s played incredible minutes in the first team.

"He's played a lot of minutes and he'll play more in the future. The process has to be calm. How many young players go immediately to the international team and after that disappear from the map? We want him to stay 10 seasons or 11 or 12 with us, playing regularly, and every season he will be stronger and stronger. He's an incredible talent but he still has a lot of things to improve. It's simple for his age. At his age, he needs time to grow."

Key is patience, both for Foden and the fans that want to see Foden. Last thing you want is have unneeded pressure pile on Foden when he starts and begins under-performing.

He’s played 11 minutes of Premier League football in the past 4 months, I’d be surprised if he wasn’t frustrated. He’s probably not going to make the bench on Saturday either as we now have an almost fully fit squad.

Last edited:
If we've got genuine plans to continue introducing him into that regular starting role for us then great. However, if we're just going to drop another £60m+ on supposed ready made talent for the sake of a quick fix and marketability then I will truly lose all faith in the academy and a fair amount in the club.

If we've got genuine plans to continue introducing him into that regular starting role for us then great. However, if we're just going to drop another £60m+ on supposed ready made talent for the sake of a quick fix and marketability then I will truly lose all faith in the academy and a fair amount in the club.
Fair comment. Next season has to see an increase in meaningful minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.