Bernard Halford

Can honestly say Bernard was a top top bloke. From hosting my OSC branch for 2 hours in Turin at the team hotel the night before Juventus away ("more Heinekens lads?") to taking the time to talk all things City at a Q&A talk-in on the eve of the Toon title winning season penultimate match in 2012...he was a true Gent.
I was almost moved to tears at the end of the talk-in, when as host, I asked all the attendees to give a round of applause to Bernard, Buzzer and Brian Marwood for attending. Bernard stopped me and said " no, we'd like to give you the Supporters a round of applause for sticking with the Club through thick and thin".
RIP Bernard

As I've just posted on the Fulham thread @jimharri I hope that fans will wear their red and black scarves for the Home game against Cardiff midweek as it would be great to see as many fans as possible showing their appreciation for Bernard Halford at home as well.
Are there any plans to sell red and black scarves? I had one at one stage but no longer. I would purchase one if available.

Keep seeing lots of comments on social media about naming stands or other tributes after Bernard Halford (and Bert Trautmann) these days. As a historian I totally support remembering those that develop the club/hold a unique place but I’d prefer to do something bigger for MCFC legends/significant figures. I’ve suggested my idea before but it’s a rather simple, cheap but important proposal: we develop a Hollywood Boulevard style series of paving stones around the stadium. We can have hundreds of these over time if we want. The idea would be that we recognise all HOF inductees plus legendary figures who have made a serious contribution to the history of the club. Ceremonies could be held every few months and every major figure from Walter Chew/Lawrence Furniss/Joshua Parlby/Meredith to Kompany, Agueroooo, Silva etc. gets recognised. It’s a simple, achievable idea and ends the debate about who is most deserving of a stand etc. All Legends can be remembered this way.
Great idea, Gary. Has anybody at the club shown interest in it?

I was told by someone that knew him, a few weeks ago that he didn't have long left. Apparently the players bought him an Ipad, so he could watch the matches and the sheik then video conferenced him on it, to thank him personally for everything he did for the club. Apparently even offered to fly him out to get some better treatment.
R.I.P Bernard.

Keep seeing lots of comments on social media about naming stands or other tributes after Bernard Halford (and Bert Trautmann) these days. As a historian I totally support remembering those that develop the club/hold a unique place but I’d prefer to do something bigger for MCFC legends/significant figures. I’ve suggested my idea before but it’s a rather simple, cheap but important proposal: we develop a Hollywood Boulevard style series of paving stones around the stadium. We can have hundreds of these over time if we want. The idea would be that we recognise all HOF inductees plus legendary figures who have made a serious contribution to the history of the club. Ceremonies could be held every few months and every major figure from Walter Chew/Lawrence Furniss/Joshua Parlby/Meredith to Kompany, Agueroooo, Silva etc. gets recognised. It’s a simple, achievable idea and ends the debate about who is most deserving of a stand etc. All Legends can be remembered this way.
That’s a great idea Gary maybe up from Joe Mercer way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.