Bluemoon Fitness Thread

I keep reading that's not true. It's true I won't gain too much strength from HIIT and body weight, though.

But, will those not give me definition if I mix it with weighted exercise?

I was doing HIIT 6 days out of 7, for roughly 3 months for the weight loss, but it gave me a lot of toning. Not trained in 6 months but that part is still noticeable.

I'm thinking 2 days of, body weight/ weight work and 1 - 2 days of HIIT, rather than 6.

Surely this is reasonable?

I mean, I'm no expert, I don't profess to be, but you sound like you want to gain size and lose fat together? The two aren't compatible IME. If you want 'definition', then you'll want your calore deficit from before (through your IF, seeing as that worked well for you), but if you want to gain size, you need a calorie surplus, and heavy weights. I wouldn't be doing any HIIT at all, and maybe a cardio session once every couple of weeks, and even then, it's nothing mad.

I mean, I'm no expert, I don't profess to be, but you sound like you want to gain size and lose fat together? The two aren't compatible IME. If you want 'definition', then you'll want your calore deficit from before (through your IF, seeing as that worked well for you), but if you want to gain size, you need a calorie surplus, and heavy weights. I wouldn't be doing any HIIT at all, and maybe a cardio session once every couple of weeks, and even then, it's nothing mad.

Cheers.

Will try that.

I love to lift weights but cardio bores me to tears. My wife and I decided to scrap the ancient treadmill and spring for the Bowflex Max Trainer. Apparently some people can burn up to 600 calories in 30 minutes on one of these. I only get at most 60% of that using the gym’s elliptical or bike. I can multitask and do it while watching football as well. Can’t wait to see how it goes.

Edit: phenomenal product. Just what I was looking for.

Last edited:
I have noticed, glancing at the mirror in the gym, that I have loose skin from weight loss.

I was pretty shocked, to be fair, as I don't do mirrors as a rule. I actually did a double take!

I'm not sure if it's because I've changed up my routine for rope and squat based work outs, but wearing a fleece as I do so.

I'm losing my belly fat and I have no 'love handles' any more, but it concerns me about the sag around the belly button and below and a bit of the lower chest.

Has anyone else been through this and knows how to rectify it outside of surgery!!

Ha!Ha!

After a couple of years of various annoying injuries, I feel better now and I have joined a new 24hr gym that has opened up just down the road from me.

I currently weigh about 13.5 stone and I am 5ft 9'' so I hope to lose about 1.5 - 2 stone ideally.

I plan to begin with a mixture of cardio and weights with an all over body programme rather than a split circuit. I don't want to get big I just want to have a lean look.

My question is should I do my cardio on a different day to the weights or do them on the same day. So say do cardio Monday, Wednesday and Friday and do weights Tuesday , Thursday and Saturday?

I love to lift weights but cardio bores me to tears. My wife and I decided to scrap the ancient treadmill and spring for the Bowflex Max Trainer. Apparently some people can burn up to 600 calories in 30 minutes on one of these. I only get at most 60% of that using the gym’s elliptical or bike. I can multitask and do it while watching football as well. Can’t wait to see how it goes.

Edit: phenomenal product. Just what I was looking for.
That bowflex looks boring as fuck. I’d be going outside and doing something if the weather was here like it is in Texas!

That bowflex looks boring as fuck. I’d be going outside and doing something if the weather was here like it is in Texas!
Well, I do plenty interesting outside when I can (paddle boarding, kayaking, snow skiing etc.) but not hardcore cardio as I can’t run on concrete. Also in the dog days of summer here an indoor solution is needed. This fills a big need.

After a couple of years of various annoying injuries, I feel better now and I have joined a new 24hr gym that has opened up just down the road from me.

I currently weigh about 13.5 stone and I am 5ft 9'' so I hope to lose about 1.5 - 2 stone ideally.

I plan to begin with a mixture of cardio and weights with an all over body programme rather than a split circuit. I don't want to get big I just want to have a lean look.

My question is should I do my cardio on a different day to the weights or do them on the same day. So say do cardio Monday, Wednesday and Friday and do weights Tuesday , Thursday and Saturday?
Id do exactly that.

Heavy weights on the gym days and HIIT style training on the others.All about the diet too ;-)

I recently lost 18 lbs in 4 weeks doing the cambridge diet but have slipped back into bad habits again and put half of it back on so I decided I needed to get back to the gym.

Determined to do it so gonna use myfitnesspal to watch the calories
Id do exactly that.

Heavy weights on the gym days and HIIT style training on the others.All about the diet too ;-)

After having reached good numbers with BMI, glucose and bp and on the path to being fit, life pulled the carpet from under my feet with my first seizure three weeks ago.

Soon I will have to undergo a craniotomy to remove a golf ball sized venous malformation, the biggest of 30 odd ones I knew I have had for many years. But this one grew to the size under the radar, bled and edemaed everything around it. To say that I am terrified for this surgery is an understatement.

I know this place satires many worries, but words of reassurance would help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.