Cycling - hints, tips and routes

Really like this thread. Anyone itching to get started again?

I'm still a beginner got a mtb last year, looking to get out loads this year. Definitely a few routes on here I'd like to try.
I thought this was a cycling thread. Please, can we keep all talk of mountain bikes off here and stick strictly to proper bikes. Like these sort of beauts: Ta.
De-Rosa-SK-Pininfarina-Rosso-Vulcano.jpg

I am thinking of getting on a bike again for the first time in 24 years (I fell off the last time and haven't wanted to since).
I have realised that running is not great for my knees and I want to keep fit some other way.

I am based in London and can book a free one-to-one and further group sessions with Cycle Confident.

I have no idea where to start with buying a bike, just something easy and basic and not too pricey. Storage is a slight issue because although have a garage space is tight.

I am thinking of getting on a bike again for the first time in 24 years (I fell off the last time and haven't wanted to since).
I have realised that running is not great for my knees and I want to keep fit some other way.

I am based in London and can book a free one-to-one and further group sessions with Cycle Confident.

I have no idea where to start with buying a bike, just something easy and basic and not too pricey. Storage is a slight issue because although have a garage space is tight.
https://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/a20048132/best-folding-bikes/

If you have a small space for storage and don`t want to go down the folding bike route you can have a look at wall/ ceiling hangers. All you have to do then is decide whether to go for a road bike or a hybrid. Make sure you shop around and go for the best you can afford. Also make sure you go to a place that has a good bike tech to get you fitted correctly.
ps.I have dodgy knees and various other health issues. cycling makes it easy for me to stay relatively fit :)

If anyone else interested, figures below for a 25% TdF over the next 3 weeks. Got the idea from a podcast where the host is doing 50% of the Tour each day. Not sure my body is up to that, or I have enough hours spare in the day, but 25% doable I think:
  1. 49.45 km
  2. 45.87
  3. 45.46
  4. 37.6
  5. 6.8
  6. 40.15
  7. 62.28
  8. 37.7
  9. 36.23 then Rest Day
  10. 47.68
  11. 49.73
  12. 39.85
  13. 54.97
  14. 45.93
  15. 47.83 then Rest Day
  16. 42.25
  17. 44.6
  18. 32.43
  19. 51.75
  20. 7.7
  21. 27.1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.