do you deliberately drive past a petrol station when you need fuel?

uncle fester

because its cheaper somewhere else

not talking about Motorway services rip offs but just locally to save a few pence a litre

Old fella used to do this all the time even though I used to laugh and tell him he used more petrol than what he was 'saving' - especially on a tenners worth

Bizarrely find myself doing this now - sad or what?

My partner does it all the time. She's obsessed with the price of diesel/petrol, even though it equates to the saving of a few pennies. I just roll my eyes and mutter "what the fuck difference does it make". Yet she's quite happy to burn through money in multiple other ways.

Used to do this but then realised the difference is not big enough to give a shit. The only time i'll do it now is if i think i can make it to a better petrol station, Shell/BP etc instead of a supermarket one. I use the v-power or the premium BP fuel, always notice a difference in MPG and power.

because its cheaper somewhere else

not talking about Motorway services rip offs but just locally to save a few pence a litre

Old fella used to do this all the time even though I used to laugh and tell him he used more petrol than what he was 'saving' - especially on a tenners worth

Bizarrely find myself doing this now - sad or what?
My old man used to do it all the time, we lived in Hazel Grove but he used to drive to Levenshulme, garage opposite the 'Wheatsheaf' at the end of Broom Lane was the cheapest but surely not cheap enough to justify that trip.

I do it a bit but not with the same conviction my old man had, couple of miles is my limit.

No but if it's an expensive one, I'll just put a tenner in and fill up in a few days when I'm near a cheaper one

I always fill up at cheaper ones if i can, there are a few locally and i just go to them avoiding the motorway ones.

Driving specifically to a cheap one for more than 2 mins must be counter productive time and fuel burnt will negate the 1~2% cheaper price.

I have no issue with supermarket fuel - it comes from the same source.

My Mrs does it, she'll say it's a penny a litre cheaper at such a place.
I tell her her, even if you fill the tank, that's a saving of 60p. You're using £3 of petrol to go there, just fill up at the one down the road.
She doesn't listen

Just bloody done it ! And don't know why ! The yellow light had been flashing for last 20 mins I am in traffic right next to a shell garage but no waited til I was at a bp garage 5 miles down the road why ?

I only do it to annoy the missus and not due to the cost. Light comes on, I tell her we have enough for 50 miles and deliberately drive past, one after another, gleefully telling her how much we have left. She never remembers where petrol stations are which adds to the fun.

"The light is on."

"I know."

"We need petrol."

"Naaa, there's enough to get us there."

"Can we fill up please."

"Not here, far too expensive."

"We'll run out."

"Relax, got at least 40 more miles left."

Etc etc.

My Mrs does it, she'll say it's a penny a litre cheaper at such a place.
I tell her her, even if you fill the tank, that's a saving of 60p. You're using £3 of petrol to go there, just fill up at the one down the road.
She doesn't listen

Just had a deja vu moment

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.