Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

i think it will end up being tielemans if he performs well from now until end of season. we wanted him before he went to monaco. to me he is a better fit than ndombele

Last edited:
i think it will end up being tielemans if he performs well from now until end of season. we wanted him before he went to monaco. to me he is a better fit than ndombele

I’ve only really watched Tielemans once so can’t really say a great deal but I’m a big fan of Ndombele I’ve watched him 6-8 times this season and he’s a fucking cracker.

We need a world class player at DM. Kimmich or Saul would be the ones for me, 150m or not. We didn't have a busy summer in 2018 so I'm sure we can spend some money this time.

I’ve only really watched Tielemans once so can’t really say a great deal but I’m a big fan of Ndombele I’ve watched him 6-8 times this season and he’s a fucking cracker.
Ndombele looks very impressive on the ball, but he doesn't seema particulary intelligent footballer to me.
Nothing like Fernandinho, Busquets, Gundogan, Xavi Alonso and the likes.
A (very) big football brain seems the first quality Pep looks for in that position. A position that is probably more deep lying playmaker with defensive qualities than outright DM.
Tielemans does seem to be a clever player btw. Good decision making. Great passing range. Well known to KDB and Komps and reported to have a very good mentality.
Could be an unexpected contender.

Florentino Luís, 19 yo Benfica player (5 games for the 1st team). Reportedly has a €60m release clause.

I didn't said for that . We can't buy and put a 19 (20 next season) year old guy at the starting XI for 30-40 games next year. City doesn't work like that.
Look all the players pep bought, except Jesus and sane ( and zinchenko but this is some special occasion because we havent 2nd left back)They played 3-4-5 seasons and had plenty of playing time at theirs feet but they were very young too.

We need someone who proved himself for a couple of seasons, he is playing football at top level and he is consistent for this level.

Like some dont know mendy how good he is and his level because of his injuries at City but he was a beast from his Marseille's seasons. It wasn't just one season (monaco), it was more than that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.