FA Cup Semi Final draw - Brighton

Great to see you guys have shifted a decent few more in the last couple of days. A half empty Wembley certainly wasn’t what I would want to see for one of our rare visits there.

Just picking up on a few comments a page or two ago......

We have not yet sold out but are very close to selling out both our initial allocation and an extra 1500. IMO the club made a big mistake when the sale was announced as it was stated only Seaosn ticket holders, 2018/2019 members and new 2019/2020 members could buy tickets. They were selling 2019/2020 membership for £25 which to many looked like an additional booking fee on an already expensive ticket.

They eventually relented yesterday at 11am and sold tickets to those with a purchase history. Only today did it go to a true general sale where any folk can buy 2 tickets. I’m of the view that if there was not the initial requirement to buy a membership to buy a ticket then we could have shifted 40k had they been available. By the time the club had relented, some had already said bollocks and made other plans.

I get the apathy and cost associated with Wembley but distance isn’t a huge factor over us. I know there are very regular trains to Euston which take just over 2 hours. Journey time from Brighton to Wembley would normally be 2 hours for us too. With a fast train and perfect tube conenctions, maybe 15 minutes less.

Are reports of you nearly selling our a bit premature? I thought blocks 522 to 526 in the upper tier had not even been offered for sale? Not a dig - just curious.

FWIW I think our tickets will be all gone by lunchtime tomorrow. I don’t think we will need any more, not that they will give it to us anyhow.

Please please please win tonight. I can’t see us getting anything at the Bridge and our piss poor performance against Saints on Saturday has dragged us back into it. I want to enjoy Satuday and not be watching results from Cardiff and Burnley!

Can anyone comment on whether Brighton are resting players in tonight's game in preparation for the semi?

Starting lineup below:

Brighton
  • 1Ryan
  • 2Bruno
  • 4Duffy
  • 5Dunk
  • 3Bong
  • 24Pröpper
  • 6Stephens
  • 8Bissouma
  • 16Jahanbakhsh
  • 10Andone
  • 20March

Can anyone comment on whether Brighton are resting players in tonight's game in preparation for the semi?

Starting lineup below:

Brighton
  • 1Ryan
  • 2Bruno
  • 4Duffy
  • 5Dunk
  • 3Bong
  • 24Pröpper
  • 6Stephens
  • 8Bissouma
  • 16Jahanbakhsh
  • 10Andone
  • 20March

Who cares. If they are, they are stupid because until they are mathematically safe they ain’t safe!

Starting lineup below:

Brighton
  • 1Ryan
  • 2Bruno
  • 4Duffy
  • 5Dunk
  • 3Bong
  • 24Pröpper
  • 6Stephens
  • 8Bissouma
  • 16Jahanbakhsh
  • 10Andone
  • 20March
Four changes from game against Southampton

Great to see you guys have shifted a decent few more in the last couple of days. A half empty Wembley certainly wasn’t what I would want to see for one of our rare visits there.

We have not yet sold out but are very close to selling out both our initial allocation and an extra 1500. IMO the club made a big mistake when the sale was announced as it was stated only Seaosn ticket holders, 2018/2019 members and new 2019/2020 members could buy tickets. They were selling 2019/2020 membership for £25 which to many looked like an additional booking fee on an already expensive ticket.

They eventually relented yesterday at 11am and sold tickets to those with a purchase history. Only today did it go to a true general sale where any folk can buy 2 tickets. I’m of the view that if there was not the initial requirement to buy a membership to buy a ticket then we could have shifted 40k had they been available. By the time the club had relented, some had already said bollocks and made other plans.

I get the apathy and cost associated with Wembley but distance isn’t a huge factor over us. I know there are very regular trains to Euston which take just over 2 hours. Journey time from Brighton to Wembley would normally be 2 hours for us too. With a fast train and perfect tube conenctions, maybe 15 minutes less.

Are reports of you nearly selling our a bit premature? I thought blocks 522 to 526 in the upper tier had not even been offered for sale? Not a dig - just curious.

FWIW I think our tickets will be all gone by lunchtime tomorrow. I don’t think we will need any more, not that they will give it to us anyhow.

Please please please win tonight. I can’t see us getting anything at the Bridge and our piss poor performance against Saints on Saturday has dragged us back into it. I want to enjoy Satuday and not be watching results from Cardiff and Burnley!

Right your posts are generally ok but

1. The cost from Brighton to London by train is £25 return ish.

2. After 9pm there are 15 trains back to Brighton.

This compares with £90 and 2 if lucky!

Don’t try and compare because it isn’t the same. Semi finals at Wembley are a fucking pain in the arse for all Northern Clubs and rather than have digs which I can’t work out if you are or not, you should, as a football fan, understand that.

I’m sure that it will be a good day out for all on Sat but less than 5 weeks ago we had 35000 at Wembley. Our 13th visit in 8 years. If we win on Sat we will have another 30,000 at
The final and we will have 25000 there on Sat despite the pain in the arse it is to get there!

we won tonight enjoy your day out just don't beat us lol .Am staying at home with the family .for 6 of us it would cost over £1000 .going to the Spurs Champs League game instead .

we won tonight enjoy your day out just don't beat us lol .Am staying at home with the family .for 6 of us it would cost over £1000 .going to the Spurs Champs League game instead .

How? There’s 5 of us going and it isn’t costing half that amount including tickets?

For anyone interested... there are 1600 tickets left. That's what we were told by the club.
Unless they haven't opened all the blocks then that seems about right looking at the online ticket thing.
I know some will moan about this post but it's just for those who are interested in how the ticket sales are going.
I reckon we will have 30,000 plus there Saturday!

Right your posts are generally ok but

1. The cost from Brighton to London by train is £25 return ish.

2. After 9pm there are 15 trains back to Brighton.

This compares with £90 and 2 if lucky!

Don’t try and compare because it isn’t the same. Semi finals at Wembley are a fucking pain in the arse for all Northern Clubs and rather than have digs which I can’t work out if you are or not, you should, as a football fan, understand that.

I’m sure that it will be a good day out for all on Sat but less than 5 weeks ago we had 35000 at Wembley. Our 13th visit in 8 years. If we win on Sat we will have another 30,000 at
The final and we will have 25000 there on Sat despite the pain in the arse it is to get there!

Not that it matters but I reckon we had £40k at Wembley for the League Cup Final. I’ve never seen so many Blues in the Club Wembley and FA / neutral blocks (although I was a bit pissed for the Wigan final).

All a load of bollocks - we had this before the League cup final "not going to sell our allocation" and all of the other shit spreading and panic. We will have 35k there on Saturday and as for the Brighton fan above trying to compare the 2 commutes and service to london, hes talking from his ricker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.