Cardiff (H) Post match Thread

Mahrez isn't useless. Just think he is taking more time adapting, than I for one, thought he would.
He seems to lack confidence when he needs it and over confident when he should keep it simple.
I think it will come.

Marhez looked spot on tonight

He was certainly trying but things are just not coming off for him at the minute. He's become very predictable too, always cutting inside and 9 out of 10 times he then plays a backwards pass. Hopefully he'll get the confidence back to take a player on down the outside just to mix things up and make defenders have to think.

The last two games have been great in terms of energy conserved but I hope we don't find it hard to get back up to top speed as in the past this has been a difficult transition.
I didn’t see us conserving energy at all. Like all the last few games we came out the blocks at 100mph and for the rest of the game We absolutely blitzed them. It should have been 8-0. Last ten we always revert to “game management” mode when winning easily.

The last two games have been great in terms of energy conserved but I hope we don't find it hard to get back up to top speed as in the past this has been a difficult transition.

I don't think this will be a problem. Assuming (Big assumption of course) we have a relatively comfortable game on Saturday (far from guaranteed), our next 'big game' will be Spurs @ their new stadium. That will have an enormous atmosphere and build up around it, which should comfortably help us to perk up, for the tough run to come after that.

He was certainly trying but things are just not coming off for him at the minute. He's become very predictable too, always cutting inside and 9 out of 10 times he then plays a backwards pass. Hopefully he'll get the confidence back to take a player on down the outside just to mix things up and make defenders have to think.

Think he needs to move the ball quicker, at times. You can see him thinking about a pass, then double thinking himself and by then,
it's too late.

Totally battered them. Only 2-0 thanks to a motm performance by their keeper and one or two chances where we really should have done better. Happy with 2-0 though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.