Riyad Mahrez - 2018/2019 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aha, it's about confidence? I agree.
Well, support the lad in full voice and see what happens.

25,000 souls chanting "We luv Mahrez, we do..." for some minutes might work wonders to lift someone's confidence.
Let's call it an experiment. Start tomorrow.

This pretty much sums up my experience watching him. I really want him to play well, I really want to see him come good and deliver on what we expected....but he never does.

Well, we are going down to basics. Human behaviour.

We assume he just needs more confidence, as he technically is a great footballer.
We should assume supporting him would lift his confidence.
But we don't support him, definitely not the way we could.
Why?
Because we are lazy fuckers,
because no one is starting to join in,
because moaning is easier than supporting,
because being egoistic is the opposite of supporting someone else UNconditionally, to help him. That is support, in contrast to applause.

Pep has to do the job for us and it seems the best thing we could do is being patient at least,
but even that is way too much for many of us. Angst is coming much quicker than faith.

Although we exactly know how Bernardo has developed, also Raheem, even Sergio.
Dementia is spreading rapidly, one could argue.
But sadly, it's not about dementia.

Well, we are going down to basics. Human behaviour.

We assume he just needs more confidence, as he technically is a great footballer.
We should assume supporting him would lift his confidence.
But we don't support him, definitely not the way we could.
Why?
Because we are lazy fuckers,
because no one is starting to join in,
because moaning is easier than supporting,
because being egoistic is the opposite of supporting someone else UNconditionally, to help him. That is support, in contrast to applause.

Pep has to do the job for us and it seems the best thing we could do is being patient at least,
but even that is way too much for many of us. Angst is coming much quicker than faith.

Although we exactly know how Bernardo has developed, also Raheem, even Sergio.
Dementia is spreading rapidly, one could argue.
But sadly, it's not about dementia.
Good post, but the fact still remain we need to see the best of him I think next year he will come good especially if given a CM role. I watched him last year and he was beastly... let’s give him until January next year

What, like Simpson, Albrighton and Drinkwater when he won the league and got player of the year?

It’s the exact opposite - he needs inferior players around him so he is the focal point of the team to prosper. It was a moronic move by all involved - Pep for wanting him, the club for sanctioning it, and Mahrez himself for not instead opting to move to a club where he’d be a key player.
You think pep and city are moron's ?

What, like Simpson, Albrighton and Drinkwater when he won the league and got player of the year?

It’s the exact opposite - he needs inferior players around him so he is the focal point of the team to prosper. It was a moronic move by all involved - Pep for wanting him, the club for sanctioning it, and Mahrez himself for not instead opting to move to a club where he’d be a key player.

You mention Drinkwater but not N'golo Kante, the World Cup winner and best midfielder in the world ...

You mention Albrighton but not Jamie Vardy, the England international and FWA player of the year ...

You know how to pick your apples ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.