Rodrigo Hernandez - Atletico confirm deal - p192

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a long list of cantera players at different clubs that were released or sold over the years and yet desperate to return and thrive

It’s a myopic take despite how much fans may overrate the Premiership much less underrate cantera loyalties

I would tend to agree with the previous poster & feel you have compartmentalised Spanish football players & put far too much weight on loyalty in this day and age.

Taking out the Premiership & Spanish cultural references & as posters have alluded to football is now very much a entertainment business & as a result has made the world more globally connected than it was say in the 70’s or 80’s.

Instead of a player now simply making a decision based on his own or with his family there are far more other variables in this such as agents, sponsorships, new opportunities & challenges etc which will inevitably dissolve the loyalty weight factor you seem to have mentioned as almost the deciding factor for a footballer profiled as Rodri.

Historically there have been countless number of players worldwide who have been profiled as loyal who have then either moved to rival teams or other leagues. I can’t believe the Spanish league/teams are immune from this.

Yes of course supporters are going to be hurt & angry when a good performing player moves on but this is universal & shouldn’t be a huge reason to prevent a player from looking elsewhere. The supporters in the South American leagues in my opinion are far more feverish & transfers of star players occur often regardless of their boyhood club upbringing. Whilst the economic factor is large in this example it still is an example of dissolving the loyalty weight factor.

Rodri may not end up in the Premiership but to put such a large emphasis on loyalty in my opinion is naive in this new football & society day and age where opportunities are far much greater than there were for footballers 10-20 years ago.

Lol give it a break mate, we will see if he ends his career there which I very seriously doubt. atletico free released him when he was younger and he proved them wrong do you believe he owes them his loyalty, just because he returned doesn't mean he forgot about that or he has no ambition to play anywhere else it simply means it was his best opinion at that time. He probably feels he owes Villarreal more as they gave him a chance after he was released and gave him his first taste of senior football where he spend the most important 5 years of his development. He may be an atletico fan but as I said before he is a professional and transfers are part of the business.

I never suggested he will definitively spend his entire career at Atletico, just that it would seem improbable for him to leave so soon after just returning. If he hadn't 'forgotten' as you say, why on earth would he go back so quickly? Busquets, Iniesta, Xavi & Messi never left their youth clubs, they lack ambition as well? Had Villarreal known what they had on their hands that buyout would've been much higher.

If Rodri were surplus to needs for Atletico or they were in desperation to generate cash then always possible but that is unlikely the case at this time. It would take something extraordinary, or someone like Pep, to have a player like him to have his head turned, I am skeptical but of course it indeed could happen

I never suggested he will definitively spend his entire career at Atletico, just that it would seem improbable for him to leave so soon after just returning. If he hadn't 'forgotten' as you say, why on earth would he go back so quickly? Busquets, Iniesta, Xavi & Messi never left their youth clubs, they lack ambition as well? Had Villarreal known what they had on their hands that buyout would've been much higher.

If Rodri were surplus to needs for Atletico or they were in desperation to generate cash then always possible but that is unlikely the case at this time. It would take something extraordinary, or someone like Pep, to have a player like him to have his head turned, I am skeptical but of course it indeed could happen
They were never released!lol and they were already at one of the best paying clubs at world football. And why would he ever leave if the reason he is staying is loyalty does it wear off after afew years?!lol You are obviously very young or completely naive and have no idea what you are talking about as you have no idea at what is going now inside Rodrigo's head. It's like me telling you that rice is never leaving West ham and you will never understand why because you don't watch enough premier league. Lol

I would also say Rodri is a bit different than the players from the likes of Athletic etc. Sure, Barcelona and Real are the obvious top dogs of La Liga, but Atletico Madrid are still one of the best teams in the world.

Terrible showing last night. Txiki might want to take a look at Thomas instead of this guy.
It doesnt matter , they will make their choice based on many things over many months , one game against Barcelona won’t figure much either way.

Terrible showing last night. Txiki might want to take a look at Thomas instead of this guy.

That would be poor logic as our game yesterday should be proof.

This kid will have been assessed/appraised and researched in every minor detail to ascertain his suitability and provide us the best hope of the transfer being a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.