Referees’ Performances 2018/19

I used to laugh at real bitter blues who claimed of an agenda. But after all those red card tackles last season that went unpunished, at least 10. Then this season, all those decisions that have gone Liverpool's way leading to goals, well upwards of 10. It's not just a coincidence. There's select twats that are doing all they can to make a title race closer.

There's a long list of them who aren't good enough. Pawson, Tierney, Moss etc. Probably nice guys, but there's too much money and too many livelihoods at stake with their constant errors and ineptitude, for this to carry on.

There is more to it with Taylor, it's not just lack of ability, it's done deliberately. You only have to see Pep's reaction on the touchline and in public when questioned about him, it's blatant.

I'm not saying there's refs taking bungs, but there will be a select half a dozen who will be towing the party line to keep the powers that be happy, i.e Scudamore, who clearly stated he wanted a competitive title race. They're doing it by all means necessary.

I think many pros would see the red mist coming down after the Brighton guy trod/stamped on walkers hamdtring. Wouldn’t have been pleasant
On reflection,i think you have called Walkers reaction spot on.a stamp to the hamstring of a fellow pro who is lying face down on the ground,unable to see it coming or take evasive action,or defend himself,has to be one of the sneakiest,most cowardly acts ive ever seen in football .

The pain surging through the back of Walkers thigh at that moment must hv bin incredibly difficult to ignore..and perhaps his reaction was in fact....incredibly measured...

Well played Kyle Walker. A fan at villa park was sent to prison(and lost his job) for encroaching the pitch and hitting a player.....A player recieves a virtually redundandant,meaningless yellow card..which matched both the cowardly action and the refs shirt colour.....and.we will never know if that was given for the stamp,or his partc in the head to head....such is modern football these days.big on media hype and electronic score boards,silent on logic,reasoning and fairness.

...There are still(sigh) some very experienced posters on these boards(you know who you are) who know the value of everything fiscal ,are high brow and snobby in their dealings with others...and big big City fans...who never ever comment on the real issues blighting the game.

Says an awful lot about their character,dumb downed zombie- like approach and complete non interest in corruption and unfairness........Your silence is deafening. One of you actually thought refs were wired up,by mouthpeice, to their assistant refs...and not to anybody else....put down your balance sheet,wake up,and smell the coffee.

We keep saying this,it’s so obvious and it happens in the majority of games we play,good old game management from the officials..
The difference this season is I think the Pep and the team have learned to deal with referee's who try and "manage" the game. The way we deal with the situation isn't always pretty, but it was effective yesterday, and we still won despite Taylors efforts.

Apart from Walkers brain fart yesterday we coped fairly well with Taylors antics. Even though he was blocking off the passing lanes we always seemed to have another outlet. He did still manage to slow us down though, as we had to play 3 passes to get the ball forward rather than the obvious quick ball out wide. He gave them every opportunity to get back in position, and also every opportunity to give them a set piece attacking position.

Clearly and obviously bent to the core.

Not easy?

There are 4 officials + VAR.

Those dives were seen by everyone but the officials. The sooner the game brings in retrospective bans for blatant cheating, the better.
The sooner the games brings in restrospective bans for refs for blatant cheating ...the better.

I used to laugh at real bitter blues who claimed of an agenda. But after all those red card tackles last season that went unpunished, at least 10. Then this season, all those decisions that have gone Liverpool's way leading to goals, well upwards of 10. It's not just a coincidence. There's select twats that are doing all they can to make a title race closer.

There's a long list of them who aren't good enough. Pawson, Tierney, Moss etc. Probably nice guys, but there's too much money and too many livelihoods at stake with their constant errors and ineptitude, for this to carry on.

There is more to it with Taylor, it's not just lack of ability, it's done deliberately. You only have to see Pep's reaction on the touchline and in public when questioned about him, it's blatant.

I'm not saying there's refs taking bungs, but there will be a select half a dozen who will be towing the party line to keep the powers that be happy, i.e Scudamore, who clearly stated he wanted a competitive title race. They're doing it by all means necessary.
Football is all about having your nose in the right trough. When the top man indicates he wants a tighter league this time, the snouts simply sniff out the right trough.

Taylor was his usual biased self yesterday. He got nearly every decision wrong, including Walker, and clearly wanted Brighton to go through.

The one burning question I would put to refs is why they do sweet fuck all about wholesale wrestling matches in the penalty area yet award a free kick anywhere else for contact that amounted to about 5% of the Nm that we saw colliding/grappling in the area.

Taylor was his usual biased self yesterday. He got nearly every decision wrong, including Walker, and clearly wanted Brighton to go through.

When it looked as though Brighton had negated our attacking prowess and they were beginning to string a few things together we were heading towards double amputations or a decapitation of one of ours before Taylor thought to sanction a Brighton tackle as a foul. On the other hand, Brighton players took to genuflecting and were awarded a free kick for their efforts. We've seen the vagaries of Taylor's refereeing before. Continental teams have seen how shite he is in the CL. But yesterday was so fuckingly blatant and at such a variance as to what the LotG require he rendered himself further and further from any notion of impartiality. How PiGMoL can look at that and describe it as 'merchantable' beggars any belief anyone might have that they are a force of good for the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.