"The Keeper"

Just seen it tonight at the showcase, good film lot of poetic licence in there of course. John Henshaw played a great part lot of fecking in there probably out of context for the era.
Well worth going to see though. Had a ten minute chat with him outside Villarreals ground after game in champions league he had no problem with me mithering him and having pictures taken I wonder what he'd have thought of the film great pity he never got to see it.

When I read this, I thought John had passed away.

Obviously you mean Bert

Berts Testimonial was a fantastic,emotional night.

A Manchester v England select.

47000 if I remember,with fans there from loads of clubs.

No istreeeeee my arse !!

Yes, Bert's testimonial was my girlfriend's parents 1st football date .. My girlfriend's dad is sadly no longer with us, but her mum is still City mad at 80 years of age. Still has a season ticket, still gets to away games. We took her to see 'The Keeper' yesterday. Emotions were running high. Great film - I'd recommend it to all City fans !!

I saw it last night with my family and Dad, at the Everyman in Altrincham. He remembers Bert well, he still carries the ticket for the famous FA cup win in his wallet to prove he was there. We can recommend the film, a very enjoyable evening.

Not a great week to release a film that isn't aimed at kids.

Of the 3 mult
iplexes closest to where I live, two aren't showing it at all and the other is only showing it once per day at 9.50pm.​
It's on at 16.30 in Altrincham at the Everyman. The 15 certificate will be a problem for youngsters, (there is a bit of swearing). But older kids on half term would enjoy it. My youngest is 16 and loved it.

Went to see it yesterday at the City Screen in York, really enjoyed it ( was always going to) but of more note Mrs B did too. We all know what a great story Bert’s life was & the film does a good job of telling the tale. Good acting by our own John Henshaw, David Kross As Bert & Freya Manor who played his wife. Some of the computer graphics which recreated Maine Road & Wembley superb.
A must for all Blues, football fans & those fascinated by stories of redemption & all its other themes. Only downside is that it’s being shown at lunchtime through the week.
I read his story in Steppes to Wembley as a young boy, will be digging about in my loft to try & find it to reread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.