FA Cup Semi Final draw - Brighton

Interesting reading their fan's point of view. It is similar to ours after some Wembley games, pissed/coked up idiots causing trouble.

I liked this one, I wonder who the huge City fan was lol?

" Same, saw a group of lads I recognise from the NS trying to kick off trouble with city fans outside. When they got what they wanted, a huge city fan came charging towards them and they bottled it big time."

Interesting reading their fan's point of view. It is similar to ours after some Wembley games, pissed/coked up idiots causing trouble.

I liked this one, I wonder who the huge City fan was lol?

" Same, saw a group of lads I recognise from the NS trying to kick off trouble with city fans outside. When they got what they wanted, a huge city fan came charging towards them and they bottled it big time."

Eddie Large.

Well, they took more to Wembley than their ground's capacity, so even if every single season ticket holder went, there'd still be several thousand more who are there for the occasion and don't go to games regularly. So it's perhaps not so surprising that there were quite a lot who aren't hardcore fans and who went for a big day out.

Personally I'm with you - I thought they were fine. There was one minor scuffle I saw, but it's hardly that unusual, and the police were there quickly to metaphorically slap them round the head and calm them down.

Have seen a few of these scuffles over the years but the Met Police are used to policing football and don’t tend to stand for any shit.

Same with Gillingham at Wembley......where did all them fans come from?

Always been that way - the trick for any club is to try and keep some of them as a result. I used to go and watch my local team a lot, and they'd get passable enough crowds of about 400. Then they got to the FA Vase semi-final and 2,500 turned up!

Same with Gillingham at Wembley......where did all them fans come from?

Top be fair, Brighton average around 30,000 a game since they moved to the new stadium so most of those who were there on Saturday will be their regular match-going fans. Gillingham, on the other hand, were averaging something like 8000 a game when we played them at Wembley, yet they sold about 34,000 tickets.

Last edited:
Top be fair, Brighton average around 30,000 a game since they moved to the new stadium so most of those who were there on Saturday will be their regular match-going fans. Gillingham, on the other hand, were averaging something like 8000 a game when we played them at Wembley, yet they sold something like 34,000 tickets.

Ironically enough, a lot of those who put up with the Withdean horror regard the others as JCLs!

Yep, no bias there eh?!!

Weird thread that. Apparently much of the negativity is based on the behaviour of our fans on Saturday. Now I'm not saying every City fan was impeccably behaved because that's bollocks but by and large, I got the impression that both sets of fans mingled freely and one thing about us is that most of us remember exactly where we've come from. Anyway, since coming across that thread last night I've found another on there which is a proper eye-opener and offers up a very much different view: https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?371753-Idiot-who-threw-the-bottle

Story after story of Brighton fans behaving like utter bellends towards their own and a fair few of them picking on innocent City fans too. I'll add that I drank with Brighton fans before the game both inside and outside The Globe and there was no trouble whatsoever
Love this story from that site:
Saw a group of lads I recognise from the NS trying to kick off trouble with city fans outside. When they got what they wanted, a huge city fan came charging towards them and they bottled it big time.

As for trouble in wembley itself, I didn't see any. But I didn't go for the cheap seats which is where you'd find most of the day trippers.

Went on one of the Brighton forums and they have a poll which they want the dippers to win the league over us

Apparently we are plastic fans with no history

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?371746-Who-do-you-want-to-win-the-Premier-League

One goes onto say he actually stood on the kop for 7 years when in exile!!!
https://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?5050-CliveWalkerWingWizard

There was a group of them going back to the tube doing that Albion chant and a few City gave it Championees back. One of them about thirty year old started singing Liverpoool. I growled at him and he literally hid behind his mate :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.